Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Last year I had a brief thing with a guy on my course at uni. I thought it would lead somewhere but it didn't due to his actions. This was the first time I'd ever had anything to do romantically with a guy so it meant something to me even if all we did was kiss. It hurt me, I've eventually got over it. The problem is he seems to be talking a lot to one of my friends and I'm starting to have reminders of all that past. My friend is taken and he knows so I know that it can't be a romantic thing. He has a girlfriend as well. But inside I feel a bit betrayed by it all. My friend saw how it ended and we all agreed that he wasn't a nice person after what happened. She knows how much it hurt me and how it took a while for me to get over it. But now she is talking to him, she has been round to his house at least once and it keeps going on.

I would tell her that I'm not happy but I haven't got the confidence and I don't want to make anything awkward between us, especially since I live with her as well. There's part of me stopping me from doing that. I don't want to seem like it affects me, after all it is over a year now since all that happened. I don't want to seem like a little kid. It is her life and I cannot tell her who she can and cannot be friends with. We are both adults not children and I cannot act childish.

I just don't know what to do. Why can't he just leave me and my life alone? Part of me is dreading going back to uni now as I'm scared about what is going to happen. What if he starts coming round to our house and then he knows where I live? I doubt anything will happen between the two of us so why does he have to get involved in my life in this way?

Short version: A guy I had a slight thing with and my friend are talking and stuff. I feel a bit betrayed because she knows how he hurt me. I don't have to confidence to say anything to her but what can I do?
    Sorry this may seem like a rant but I needed to get it out.

ReputationRep:
    There's no way to ask her about it without making it seem like it doesn't bother you. If it were me I would tell her that its making me a bit uncomfortable and that I would never do that to her as she knows how much you dislike this guy. Tell her in a way so its not confronting but make it friendly so its not a bitter situation. Try and move on, there are better guys out there!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.