Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have my psychology AQA A unit 1 and 2 exams in the summer and have no idea how to revise, usually i make notes but i haven't done an essay based subject since year 9, so have no idea what to do to revise.

Also, what revision guide(s) shall i get? any really awesome psychology students willing to lend a hand and help me get on my feet with psychology?

thanks guys :0

ReputationRep:
    I'm resitting both my psychology exams in summer too . Have you got the Collins AQA As Psychology books, they're really helpful!!! Hope this helps .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoorLoser)
    I have my psychology AQA A unit 1 and 2 exams in the summer and have no idea how to revise, usually i make notes but i haven't done an essay based subject since year 9, so have no idea what to do to revise.

Also, what revision guide(s) shall i get? any really awesome psychology students willing to lend a hand and help me get on my feet with psychology?

Well, reading the textbook/any handouts twice is a good start. Then from there make notes, highlight the important parts of these notes then condense them down into smaller bits. From there, depending on what you prefer, make flashcards and/or mindmaps. I used mainly flashcards at AS but mindmaps now at A2. They both work fine. Talking to people about the subject, applying it to real life and perhaps even teaching the trickier parts to a volunteer (someone who may or may not be doing the subject helps) is also good. This helps you actually understand the subject which means you'll be able to tackle the questions in the exams.

Oh and do some past papers as well. Give them to your teachers to mark/mark them yourself.

Hope this helps.

In my exams I achieved these grades so far:
    PSYA1 - 75/100 (B)
    PSYA2 - 83/100 (A)
    PSYA4 - 98/100 (A)

(haven't sat PSYA3 yet, will be doing it in the summer!)

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoorLoser)

Hey there, I am an independent psychology student with no teacher to help. I am sitting Unit 1 and Unit 2 this summer also

For Unit 1, I can recommend a collection of flashcards I find extremely helpful from here:
    http://getrevising.co.uk/revision-te...ype=flashcards

( Although it does require a quick sign up, worth it trust me )

Also, in terms of course content, learning psychology from numerous points of view proves to be extremely useful! You can have a look at my notes, each topic has been broken down into sub components and titled appropriately. However, I am only on attachment but will be updated everyday as I complete more.
    http://psychteacheraqa.blogspot.co.uk/

Hope this helps you and I wish you luck! I will add you as a friend and we can keep in touch.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 4, 2013

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.