Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

help with summer job application! ENGLISH STUDENTS watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi

I am having problems putting this information into a few paragraphs for a job application

I am not sure of how formal the language i use should be or anything as this is my first job Its for a "temporary sales adviser" in a clothes shop.

What I want to write about:

Pupil mentor for 2 days at a sentimus robotics road show

Tutor younger pupils at my school Chemistry and Physics one day a week "one to one" (not sure if i should call it that or not)

Helper at the science club in school

5 day work experience at queens university for physics (not sure how i would include this/if it is relevant)

Volunteered at an Irish open golf tournament for 2 days

..How would I write this out? I do not do English at Alevel and would really appreciate some guidance as to how I should approach writing this. I really really want the job

Main Purpose of Job:

To work as part of the sales team, provide excellent customer service and undertake replenishment and merchandising duties to help the store achieve sales and profit targets.

Thanks very much!

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, have you put together a CV?

If this is just a brief introduction to your application then you want to say why you want the job and why you will be good at it (although the second part should be more indirect). If this is a cover letter, then you should explain how each of your previous experiences will help you now. I.e. organisational skills, time keeping, communication (especially with tutoring younger students, this may have taught you how to communicate various subject matters in different styles, which will help with a range of customers). You should include that in the golf tournament you had to be professional and ensure all customers needs were satisfied and maybe if there was a specific job you did you can relate it to how it will help you as a sales assistant.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.