Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

KFC has new fries (now with poll) Watch

• View Poll Results: Old fries or new fries: Which are better?
    Old <--
    71.43%
    New
    28.57%

ReputationRep:
    The old ones were second best next to McDonalds. On occasion: better. Went well with the chicken and gravy.

The new ones are like the cheap frozen fries you get in white bags in ASDA, or the fries you get with children's meals in Morrisons cafe.

They taste of fryer oil, cheapness, potatolessness, and faeces.

They are crap and I am ****ing outraged. Just saying.

ReputationRep:
    They've not changed; you just had some bad chips. It happens.

ReputationRep:
    Really...I didn't realise. But then again I do only have it occasionally.

Lol at potatolessness

ReputationRep:
    The have changed. I work there we all had to watch a video about how to prepare them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittykatkat)
    They've not changed; you just had some bad chips. It happens.
    You are saying the signs proclaiming 'New crispier fries' are a lie? The colonel would not do such a thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    You are saying the signs proclaiming 'New crispier fries' are a lie? The colonel would not do such a thing.
    I'm a mystery shopper for them and I've heard nothing about it. Their chips are pretty bad at most shops though. Depends where you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heirloom)
    The have changed. I work there we all had to watch a video about how to prepare them
    I would wager that it involves vats of arsenic and dropping them repeatedly on the floor.

ReputationRep:
    They are new. They used to be thick and plain, now their thin and I think actually taste better! McDonalds chips will always come top however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heirloom)
    What? Where are these signs?? I heard there was a petition didn't realise anything had happened :O

THIS SHOULD BE HEADLINE NEWS :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    KFC chips have always been awful in my opinion. Can't beat a McDonald's fry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    I think actually taste better!
    GTFO

ReputationRep:
    I would wager that it involves vats of arsenic and dropping them repeatedly on the floor.
    Surprisingly no. I've never really liked the chips there anyway. Or Mcdonalds although thats to do with the amount of salt they put on it. I dont add salt to anything because high blood presure runs in my family so when I taste any its instantly too much. The frys that I like the best were the old Burger King ones, why did they have to change perfection :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I've never really been a fan of KFC chips, but I've only had them a few times.

Maybe I'm just a salt addict but it seems like everywhere's stopped using salt except Mcdonalds and chips just don't taste as good without it. I know you can put it on but it still doesn't taste the same

On a side note: Did anyone else not realise that KFC made gravy until watching south park?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rump Steak)
    What? Where are these signs?? I heard there was a petition didn't realise anything had happened :O

We have signs in our shop

ReputationRep:
    I actually think the new ones taste nicer. The old ones taste like cardboard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therisenmitten)
    I've never really been a fan of KFC chips, but I've only had them a few times.

Maybe I'm just a salt addict but it seems like everywhere's stopped using salt except Mcdonalds and chips just don't taste as good without it. I know you can put it on but it still doesn't taste the same

On a side note: Did anyone else not realise that KFC made gravy until watching south park?
    Hold the phone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rump Steak)

I have wrote to my MP. We need a rainbow collation. Lets forget such minor issues such as war, the economy and the like, and express solidarity with the lovers of the old fries. If there must be violence, then so be it.

ReputationRep:
    I noticed this when I had a KFC the other day, it was annoying because I really liked the old fries. The new ones are really similar to McDonald's fries which aren't that good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ice cube)
    I actually think the new ones taste nicer. The old ones taste like cardboard.
    Fully agree.

ReputationRep:
    They have cahnged!

If anyone is passionate about their chicken me and about 100 others have a facebook group called the KFC Chronicles where we each document out KFC experiences.

Only seriously KFC lovers may apply.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.