Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I hope the administrators see this and decide to make it anon since impossible to do so if posting from phone..

I wouldn't post if seriously have to, but I'm just a tad confused ATM. A majority of my friends have got new relationships ATM, or need to get stuff sorted with their partner etc. - which means that I rarely talk to them or see them in comparison to what I used to.. It does upset me and I have tried speaking to one of my friends about it and they said to me, they are leading their own lives. I'm a social able person and I do adore all my friends.. But ATM, I guess I feel stuck with the same sort of life and missing my friends and feels like they are all moving on and I'm just staying the same.. I guess it sounds selfish cause I'm happy their happy but at same time, I guess I feel abit 'oh' cause I'm the only one who is definitely not in the same happy place as them :/... I deffo feel like I'm loosing my friends... I know it sounds stupid to some degree, but I guess I feel lonely too.. Which is why I do enjoy spending times with friends.. I guess my question is what should I do if everyone is moving on?? I mean I guess I will see these friends but probably not as much anymore... :/.. And what do I do to stop feeling lonely?? :/ I only really have a job to occupy my mind... :/

Any advice would be appreciated tarrh.

[SIZE=1][URL='http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app']Posted from

ReputationRep:
    Good evening Jamie - Or perhaps good morning?

I faced this situation not too long ago actually, and I understand entirely, and without wanting to sound disrespectful, change... Comes and goes all the time. I have a slight neophobia, or the resistance of change, so I can empathise with you on that front.

I've learnt to accept people moving on by just keeping myself to myself and keeping busy. I've been abandoned by friends before, and you probably know how much it sucks!

As a writer I find a lot of my time is taken up by that - Would writing about your feelings, or stories, help to take your mind of it?

Maybe you should address this point with your friends when you can get in touch with them? Facebook, phone, etc It does feel intolerably lonely - and I made a great friend through TSR on here, actually, we've physically met and everything! xD

Maybe you should take some time out of life and concentrate on the things you couldn't do - like turn that book you've been writing for the past year into a masterpiece! Go for long walks - a night of Ben & Jerry's certainly don't go amiss in my mind!

Feel free to shoot me a message if you want to talk to me - I'm all for being chatty!

Best wishes Jamie!

Chad.

(Oh, and your profile name is still coming through, just thought I'd tell you :/ )

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.