Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

so another quick question. The degree i am studying is Events Management BA Hons at Manchester met. I want to go onto PGCE to teach business at high school level. Can i go onto the PGCE with an events management degree?

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am currently a secondary teacher, and when I trained (secondary mfl) a lot of people on my course didn't have a degree in their subject but had experience and knowledge of the field enough to teach it - do you have any other business qualifications? As long as you can express when you apply how your experience and qualifications and desire to teach the subject enable you to teach well. It's also all about your passion for teaching and for your subject and that you possess the necessary personal qualities to be a teacher most of it is writing a strong application and coming across well at interview! Happy to advise if you have any other PGCE questions
    Source: current teacher who did a PGCE

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.