Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and I've got an interview for a part time job at Poundland, and I have no idea what to wear! Any ideas? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=la...w=1920&bih=951

That's just on google I am sure there are loads of topics on here which answer your question.

But basically, ALWAYS smart, ie shoes, black dress or trousers/shirt etc etc regardless of what job it is. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Smart casual is always the way to go in my opinion- smart enough to impress but not overdoing it. When I was at interviews people wore a range of things from normal fleece jackets to whole suites. I just used to wear a pair of black skinny jeans, a plain shirt (proper shirt), a black/ brown cardigan and then smart shoes.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys

ReputationRep:
    black trousers, white shirt, black shoes- can't go wrong

ReputationRep:
    Something Smart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise262)
    I'm 17 and I've got an interview for a part time job at Poundland, and I have no idea what to wear! Any ideas? :rolleyes:
    You definitely can't go wrong with smart business attire, shows you made the effort and were prepared :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coconutter)
    Smart casual is always though way to go in my opinion- smart enough to impress but not overdoing it. When I was at interviews people wore a range of things from normal fleece jackets to whole suites. I just used to wear a pair of black skinny jeans, a plain shirt (proper shirt), a black/ brown cardigan and then smart shoes.
    I agree.
    Wear something smart, but dont overdo it. A pair of black trousers and a blouse, and some plain black shoes.

ReputationRep:
    Just dress smart.. Finally, someone applied for Poudland :rolleyes: Did you just went there and handed in your CV?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Just dress smart.. Finally, someone applied for Poudland :rolleyes: Did you just went there and handed in your CV?
    There was an advert in the window, so I just handed in my CV

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise262)
    There was an advert in the window, so I just handed in my CV
    Oh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.