Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advice on how to keep my facebook deactivated? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeap, I did it. After 3 years I have deactivated my facebook. I won't lie, it took a lot of willpower, but I came to realise that for me it was simply a distraction and a waste of time that could be used in the real world.

I only plan on keeping it deactivated until next week, as I just want to see how it feels and (as much as I hate to admit it) I need it to organise things and keep in touch with people.

However, until then, does anyone have any advice on how to keep me from reactivating it immediately? And is there any new things you could suggest me taking up to occupy my new-found time that is now available to me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awilson008)
    Yeap, I did it. After 3 years I have deactivated my facebook. I won't lie, it took a lot of willpower, but I came to realise that for me it was simply a distraction and a waste of time that could be used in the real world.

I only plan on keeping it deactivated until next week, as I just want to see how it feels and (as much as I hate to admit it) I need it to organise things and keep in touch with people.

However, until then, does anyone have any advice on how to keep me from reactivating it immediately? And is there any new things you could suggest me taking up to occupy my new-found time that is now available to me?
    Focus more on work or school, go out more with friends, take up a hobby such as painting, drawing, writing, whatever you fancy.

Facebook never fully deactivates for months, but if you really want to avoid yourself, reactivate and delete all your friends and pictures so if you do try and reactivate you're left with nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Change your password to a string of numbers you won't possibly be able to remember , write it down and give it to someone you won't see for a week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luke2511)
    Change your password to a string of numbers you won't possibly be able to remember , write it down and give it to someone you won't see for a week!
    Pretty good idea, think I'll do this, except keep the numbers locked up in my locker and school and force myself not to take it :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I tried to do this and failed haha
    By the way giving your password to someone else or keeping it somewhere does nothing. You can reset it through your email if you really wanted on it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXHolly_90Xx)
    I tried to do this and failed haha
    By the way giving your password to someone else or keeping it somewhere does nothing. You can reset it through your email if you really wanted on it lol
    I know but I can force myself not todo that

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.