Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I can't remember what this film is, but I want to see it again. Help me find it? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I saw this film a few years ago, but can't remember much about it because I slept through some of it. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a dream, though.

It was pretty much an adult Hunger Games, but I'm reasonably certain it came first and it's a hell of a lot more gruesome.

It was about a bunch of ridiculously rich people betting money on who would win out of a bunch of poor people with depressing back stories who they made fight to the death. The winner was promised a big cash payout to solve their miserable problems. I remember a scene in which some guy tried to crash a coach to kill the girl inside it. I remember another scene in which all the rich people groan and throw money around over a conference table as someone dies on a massive screen behind them.

Apart from that, I am afraid I have very little to go on.

Thanks, guys
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Could possibly be Running Man I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Battle Royale!

ReputationRep:
    Death Race possibly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory88)
    Could possibly be Running Man I guess.
    I don't think so. Running Man was about criminals being hunted by professional assassins, wasn't it? This one was more of a fight-to-the-death format specifically for the entertainment of the wealthy.

I get what you mean, though. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Death Race possibly?
    Hmmm, possibly! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therisenmitten)
    Battle Royale!
    what bit of battle royale involved rich people lol

ReputationRep:
    Battle Royale!
    No, in Battle Royale, the students are forced to kill each other by the government. In this one, the main characters are adults not kids and they volunteer to be in the game because they are in desperate need of the cash prize and are confident of their abilities to kill other people.

Thanks, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    what bit of battle royale involved rich people lol
    True, reading the OP properly I think I got slightly carried away with my tiny amount of film knowledge

But battle royale is a lot like the hunger games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doke)
    No, in Battle Royale, the students are forced to kill each other by the government. In this one, the main characters are adults not kids and they volunteer to be in the game because they are in desperate need of the cash prize and are confident of their abilities to kill other people.

Thanks, though.
    The Condemned?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds to me like Slumdog Millionaire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doke)

Thanks, though.
    I'm interested in what this film is now, I love a good fight to the death

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea but I am now interested in watching these films. Well, not Battle Royale, I've seen it a million times and named my latest feline addition Shuya Nanahara. Here he is being awesome:

Name:  299454_10150767367615316_3230401_n.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  30.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested in what this film is now, I love a good fight to the death
    Yeah. I realise now how very many films are based around fights to the death. May have to have a fight-to-the-death movie marathon...

ReputationRep:
    This is from a quick google search, I doubt it's right, but I was ridiculously bored with nothing better to do...

The Tournament?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rump Steak)
    This is from a quick google search, I doubt it's right, but I was ridiculously bored with nothing better to do...

The Tournament?
    This could well be it!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doke)
    This could well be it!!!
    :eek: srsly? :eek:
    i literally typed in something like "fight to death movie rich people" hahahah

OK, OK, if I am right:
    1. Please tell me
    2. I will make a pact with myself that I will watch this movie someday
    3. I will celebrate my amazing (lucky) search engine skills :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Well, was it...

ReputationRep:
    :eek: srsly? :eek:
    i literally typed in something like "fight to death movie rich people" hahahah

OK, OK, if I am right:
    1. Please tell me
    2. I will make a pact with myself that I will watch this movie someday
    3. I will celebrate my amazing (lucky) search engine skills :cool:

It looks like it on Wikipedia. I'll find it, watch it and see if it's the one I'm thinking of and let you know soon. (By which I mean probably some time next week).

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    The Tournament?
    Yup. I'm fairly certain this is it. Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.