Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've started seeing things - is that a problem? watch

So recently I've started seeing things in the corner of my eye, in my peripheral vision. Things like being in my living room and seeing one of my cats walk past, but when I look directly there's nothing there. Sometimes when I'm in bed, I can see bugs crawling over my bedsheets!

Anyway, this has happened before, but now it seems more frequent(or maybe I'm just noticing it more). I'm starting to think that maybe it's a health issue? Or is it just natural?

ReputationRep:
    That happens to everyone, chill out your just working yourself up. When ever I'm home alone I convince myself I'm seeing things. JUST RELAX

ReputationRep:
    It's a good job you've posted under anonymous otherwise you'd be in a foam room by now.

hahaa chill we all do it, especially the one in bed where you see stuff in your room that anit there. Don't think i've meet a person who hasn't done that at soon point. However I will say taking drugs like ket and so on will make stuff like this happen more, even weeks after having it. Not say you do drugs. but if you do.

Happy days pal

ReputationRep:
    No it is not necessarily a problem, there is a standard explanation for it.

Our eyes are particularly sensitive to light and motion at the corners i.e. there are more 'rod receptors' rather than 'cone receptors', which are concentrated in the centre of your eye. Hence while you are looking at this computer screen in sharp detail, your peripheral vision is blurry - it doesn't have as many cone cells (and you have to move your eyes across the page to read the words - you can't just read all the words without moving your eyes).

Because of this, you might detect some minor light change in the corner of your eye, but when you turn to look at it, it's gone.

This can also be 'worsened' by stress. The more stress you're under, the more you're on the lookout for 'danger' as an evolutionary trait. So you're seeing things that aren't there. If you're seeing bugs on your sheets and stuff, you might be under a lot of stress.

Bottom line - if you're worried about it, you should go see a doctor. Stress is a health issue anyway, and should be dealt with. But rest assured, it doesn't mean you're schizophrenic . Also, the more you worry about it, the more stress you'll be under!

ReputationRep:
    That means the agents have changed something.

ReputationRep:
    There are tow explanations in wich i both belive...

One is that u are tensed in on way or the other, or perhaps have anxiety for something ( hell knows what ), and then u start to see stuff thats not there, u can cure that a bit with certain drugs from a docter , or natural aniseed tea... it also can be something bad in ur house or even perhaps a naighbour that makes strange sounds in the night...also u can have a wrong diet, like snacks....

Or u start to see ghosts, wich hasnt have to be a bad thing, but u must get used to that.... then u can read alot of tricks on the web, how to get ur house clean of that !!!

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    This happens because you are imagine some weird things (don't mind) but it is kind a situation in which human think on those thing what he attached emotionally...

I know this happens to everyone but it just seemed to be happening more, but I'm glad there's nothing to worry about

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.