Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

Anyone on here doing A2 Classical Civilisation for Summer 2013 or has already completed their course?

Thanks! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Taking the A2 exams this summer. Which modules are you doing? Are you thinking about carrying it on to uni?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm doing the Augustus unit and the Tiberius and Claudius unit. What units are you doing? I want to do Law in university hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingFalcon)
    Hi,

I'm doing the Augustus unit and the Tiberius and Claudius unit. What units are you doing? I want to do Law in university hopefully
    HI,
    I’m doing Greek tragedy and the Aeneid, so a bit of Augustus stuff. I’ve heard class civ is a good A level for law. Got a friend doing straight law at UWE Bristol and she’s really enjoying it. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this course! Have the art & architecture module in June. Anyone else sitting this too?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the Aeneid and Art and Architecture units. Only panicking a little haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sylviehelen)
    I'm doing the Aeneid and Art and Architecture units. Only panicking a little haha.
    I did the Aeneid unit last year! (Re-sitting the art unit now though) I quite liked the Aeneid unit, how you finding the art one?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Which themes have you learnt for art and architecture?
    and do you have an idea how to structure the essay for art and architecture?
    Dont have a clue and Im panicking so much!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Greek Tragedy and Tiberius and Claudius...

How are you going about learning things for Tiberius and Claudius? I'm finding it impossible. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by classicsyr13)
    Hi,
    Which themes have you learnt for art and architecture?
    and do you have an idea how to structure the essay for art and architecture?
    Dont have a clue and Im panicking so much!
    Thank you!
    Vases, Sculpture, architectural sculpture and temple architecture. As for essays I have no idea, we haven't done very many this year so I kind of do them by stuff like artistic development, emotion/realism/drapery/movement for vases and statues and make sure to compare... I am more worried about the temples and really hope there isn't a question on them in the exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alejandro)
    I did the Aeneid unit last year! (Re-sitting the art unit now though) I quite liked the Aeneid unit, how you finding the art one?
    We haven't actually finished the course for the art one and I'm really worrying about it! The Aeneid's not so bad but i find the art questions harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thoughtfuldragon)
    I'm doing Greek Tragedy and Tiberius and Claudius...

How are you going about learning things for Tiberius and Claudius? I'm finding it impossible. :confused:
    Hi!

I'm doing Tiberius and Claudius too! There is a lot too learn and I'm just trying to group the information?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing the Augustus unit? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fullstars)
    HI,
    I’m doing Greek tragedy and the Aeneid, so a bit of Augustus stuff. I’ve heard class civ is a good A level for law. Got a friend doing straight law at UWE Bristol and she’s really enjoying it. Good luck!

Hey, I'm doing Aeneid one with comparison to the Illiad. Do you want to share notes????

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing law at uni and classics was possibly my second favourite A level can't help with Augustus though, I did the Aeneid, the Iliad, the Greek tragedies and the things with the big purple sourcebook...

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the Roman Republic from 81BC-31BC ( the fall of the republic) and I am doing the Aeneid and the Illiad.

ReputationRep:
    We haven't actually finished the course for the art one and I'm really worrying about it! The Aeneid's not so bad but i find the art questions harder.
    Ahh, I hate the art exam :/ Wish there was some prediction as to what might come up!

ReputationRep:
    i have been given a choice about our AS choices next year - both on the olympics with one art based and one literature based. Is art really hard? just confused because i always thought doing one based on art would be fun :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingFalcon)
    Hi guys!

Anyone on here doing A2 Classical Civilisation for Summer 2013 or has already completed their course?

Thanks! :eek:
    yh me just done the exam, was well easy thinking i got an a* lol :2euk48l:

:2in1:

:K:

:^_^:

:absinth:

:2euk48l:

:2in1:

:K:

:^_^:

:absinth:

ReputationRep:
    tits

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.