Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basically. I could do with some advice/to vent a bit.

I realise that it is completely pathetic to be bothered by such things when there are people actually suffering in the world... but basically I recently met a guy I liked very much a few times, got talking and got on very well. I added him on facebook, and he hasn't replied. It's been over a week and I can see he's been on facebook and added other people since. We are not likely to meet often in the future, but we will meet every now and again.

I know, what a hard life I lead... but I must admit I am genuinely quite upset about it. I don't find meeting new people easy and I never really add people on facebook in case it leads to this kind of situation. I just wonder what I should do - on facebook it still says 'friend request sent' meaning he has either not responded or clicked 'not now' which I think is considerably more likely given that he's added other people since.... Should I cancel the request and just move on with my life, should I cancel and re-add so he gets another notification or will this be too obvious?

I realise I need to not be bothered by this, and I'm trying very hard to do that but advice welcome in the mean-time...

ReputationRep:
    Seducing a girlfriend online with the supervision of having making assign from with her as like greased lightning as smooth is dominating and achievable representing most guys. Unfortunately, multifarious modus operandi the in limerick tourney substandard the splodge gone of contention of Internet seduction of women as regards making impaired the unstable way.

ReputationRep:
    Who actually gives a **** if you don't get accepted in your friend request, stop being obsessive about it and just ignore it, it literally means nothing

ReputationRep:
    You barely know him and you wonder why he hasnt accepted? I never accept people unless I know them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.