Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys I am international student and currently on a gap year. I moved to London last year and so far I have been only working. In September I am going to university and I find it difficult to pick the best university for me. Although I have made my choice already I wanted to ask what you guys think before I make my final decision. So far I have 5 unconditional offers from 1. University of Nottingham for Management studies (AAB) 2. University of Exeter- Business and management with industrial experience (AAB) 3. University of Lancaster- Management (AAA) 4. University of York- management with a year in industry (AAB) and 5. Royal holloway university- management with international business (AAA). So far I want to go to RHUL because is in London and the course is amazing but I am a bit scared because the university is ranked 26th in the country whereas the other universities seem to have a better reputation and ranked highly. How is this going to affect my career in the future because I know that they always prefer people who went to top universities

ReputationRep:
    i would choose royal hooloway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope you guys help me to make the best decision because I am going to have to state my final choice on ucas in about one week and I struggle to pick the best university for me because the university league table show different rankings and I don't know how is this going to affect my career in the future? Also does it really matter what university you go to when is comes to management?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think rankings matter as long as you study what you love and get high grades at uni. I'd go for the unis with the highest offers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaah)
    I don't think rankings matter as long as you study what you love and get high grades at uni. I'd go for the unis with the highest offers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What do you mean highest offers?

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouse01)
    What do you mean highest offers?

Posted from TSR iPad
    For example I'd go for the offers with AAA. But you should go wherever you feel like you would fit in the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hobeyblossom93)
    I hope you guys help me to make the best decision because I am going to have to state my final choice on ucas in about one week and I struggle to pick the best university for me because the university league table show different rankings and I don't know how is this going to affect my career in the future? Also does it really matter what university you go to when is comes to management?
    Doesn't Lancaster have one of the best management schools in the country?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I think Lancaster has the best management school out of the 5 universities and is ranked 9th in the country

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes I think Lancaster has the best management school out of the 5 universities and is ranked 9th in the country

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nightlife? Do mandemz get laggin

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouse01)
    Nightlife? Do mandemz get laggin

Posted from TSR iPad
    The nightlife ain't bad in Lancaster to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys I am international student and currently on a gap year. I moved to London last year and so far I have been only working. In September I am going to university and I find it difficult to pick the best university for me. Although I have made my choice already I wanted to ask what you guys think before I make my final decision. So far I have 5 unconditional offers from 1. University of Nottingham for Management studies (AAB) 2. University of Exeter- Business and management with industrial experience (AAB) 3. University of Lancaster- Management (AAA) 4. University of York- management with a year in industry (AAB) and 5. Royal holloway university- management with international business (AAA). So far I want to go to RHUL because is in London and the course is amazing but I am a bit scared because the university is ranked 26th in the country whereas the other universities seem to have a better reputation and ranked highly. How is this going to affect my career in the future because I know that they always prefer people who went to top universities
    You do realise that RHUL isn't in London (or even within the M25) but is in Egham, right?

ReputationRep:
    I have the same dilemma , but I have chosen lancaster over Lboro and Exeter.

Lancaster is triple accredited, making it only one of the roughly 60 business schools worldwide to have this.Accreditation is important because it means lancaster has been externally assessed by multiple reputable organisations.This gives it respect by employers and the ability to attract the top lecturers.

Really strong for masters and PHDs , due to its 6* research rating it has which makes it only 1 of the 2 universities in the UK which have this , this would in my opinion filter down to undergraduates in their studies.This is important because this can help attract funding from the government as they favour unis that carry out a lot of research.

Always high in the tables , top 10 for business due to its employability as well. For example , on Uni stats the BBA in Management course has a 100 % employment rate.

Lots of their courses include 1 year work placement

Has an award winning careers team

Collegiate system - Lots of support!!

My choice was influenced by other things which were related to the specific courses I chose, so I might as well not include that as it wouldn't be relevant for you lot , so it can also depend specifically on the differences within the courses you chose at your unis

The negative side of Lancs in comparison to Exeter for example is that Exeter's campus is much better and modern , especially the business school which was built from scratch a couple years ago. Although that did influence me to nearly choose Exeter over Lancs also because of its geographical location and social life , I thought that I would of got used to all of that had I gone Exeter , and wherever there are students you find fun anyway , so I thought might as well go for Lancs.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know enough about your course to make a reliable recommendation, but I wouldn't choose RHUL based on it's location. It's not actually in London proper, but rather about an hour outside of it, in Egham. As an international student who has visited fellow internationals who study there, I heard how London had been a factor in their decision only to find they didn't really study in London anyway. It's still a cool place from what I could gather, just not in London.

York's great in my completely unbiased opinion, but the management school is very new and may not be able to place you as well as you'd think compared to your other options.

Just my 2p.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I had that dilemma between the same unis but chose lancaster as it was the best business school and has a great atmosphere with good nightlife!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.