• View Poll Results: Who Do You Prefer?
    'Pac
    42.11%
    Biggie
    57.89%

ReputationRep:
    Simple thread.

Simple question.

I have my own firm opinion on who I much prefer, but I'd like to see how that fairs with the rest of TSR.

Surprisingly there are a few big hip-hop-heads on TSR who really know the genre so I hope their input will be constructive!

ReputationRep:
    In terms of flow, Biggie definetely. But in terms of emotion behind the lyrics then Tupac definitely. All in all I would say Biggie

ReputationRep:
    Pac definitely...

All Eyez on me is one of my favourites along with the Marshall Mathers LP.

ReputationRep:
    Bumpedy Bump!

4/2 so far...
    (Original post by hyte234)
    In terms of flow, Biggie definetely. But in terms of emotion behind the lyrics then Tupac definitely. All in all I would say Biggie
    I do agree with this. Biggie has that hip-hop flow kinda thing that I think shaped later hiphop. Whereas Tupac seemed to define rap and the raw emotion behind it.

To me it's kinda like comparing Jay Z and Eminem. One's a clear hip-hop artist with a great flow, arguably the greatest flow. And on the other hand one has the rawest most emotional most talented lyrics behind rap, Eminem.

(Original post by DorianGrayism)
    All Eyez on me is one of my favourites along with the Marshall Mathers LP.
    I do prefer The Slim Shady LP. :P

However, I do think that every Eminem album released, at the time, was 'the best'. He seemed to constantly evolve, and with each era that changed, his album was a classic for that time in hiphop/rap. Though the only exception is Relapse. Though he himself claims it was trash on Recovery. VERY excited for his 2013 release!

ReputationRep:
    2Pac is better but I think both are slightly overrated.

My favourite 2Pac albums are 2Pacalypse and Me Against the World. All Eyez on Me was pretty good too but I preferred his more socially reflective and emotive stuff to his gangsta stuff. Biggie was a better rapper in terms of the raw, technical side, flows, punch lines etc but 2Pac was a much better artist.

ReputationRep:
    Pac, but I do think that Ready To Die is better than anything he put out.

The only reason I say Pac is because he had 6 albums out, Me Against the World, All Eyez On Me and 7 Day Theory are my notable favorites.

Whereas B.I.G. only had 2 albums out, and Life After Death was a step down from RTD, so you never know whether B.I.G. could have improved or exceeded his prior efforts.

and besides, Pac did the double album better than B.I.G so Name:  kanyeshrug.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  1.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    Technically speaking, Biggie was the better rapper for me, but I prefer 2Pac.

ReputationRep:
    Lol im the only girl posting on this forum but 2pac is the best.

ReputationRep:
    ready to die is one of the best albums ever made.

ReputationRep:
    I generally prefer Biggie, but my favourite song by either is How Long Will They Mourn Me by Tupac. Favourite album is tougher, probably Ready to Die.

ReputationRep:
    i think biggie, he had that boss flow

ReputationRep:
    I reppin Biggie all the way - I'm such a huge fan of his but then PAC had the meaning behind the music. It's a tricky one because both rappers are good in their own way but for me I'd have to chose Biggie! Purely based on the fact I prefer his music more

ReputationRep:
    Shock G nails it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.