Am I too ambitious? Is it too late to fight for this? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to bore you so I will make it simple:

I'm
    - 23 yr
    - Currently in college (1st year of Economics), Portugal
    - Lost 3 years getting depressed because my daily/family life was not easy
    - Now I reached an equilibrium
    - Since 18 yr my goal was to hard work to get into a top college in the UK or USA (LSE or NYU Stern)

Am I being too ambitious or is it too late to be ambitious in wanting to go to a top Graduate School at 25 yr (expected college graduation)? Do you know some late success example?

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Obviously it would have been easier for you if you were still a bit younger, i am not going to find you an example, because it is not needed, you should be concerned with yourself not other people. If you really need it though...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mature+colleges+success+stori es

Click the link.

Colleges, as you know, accept anyone, regardless of age, gender, sexuality etc. yes, fair enough some colleges would perhaps favour a younger person over a maturer person, however,
    Do not let this get you down, just get the best grades possible from the college you are currently studying at at the moment and you will be fine, i am sure of it.
    If you need further help, e mail the colleges you intend to apply to, tell them your concerns, and your expected grades from your current course
    They will be able to help and assist and generally reassure you better.

Dont stop fighting, never say never mate, keep at it.

All the best,

Dan.

ReputationRep:
    I think if you have the right grades and you have some good voluntary work or something nice to put on your CV you stand a good chance. There is a girl at my uni who is from Africa and started at age 31. Although I don't go to uni in the UK, it's still a competitive uni. Just get the grades and write a great motivational letter and don't give up

ReputationRep:
    25 too old? Absolutely not. You're still young, and you have the advantage of a few years of real-life experience.

Go for it!

T3

ReputationRep:
    no way is it too late!!! theres a guy on my course who is 28 and looking to do a phd and many universities now have dedicated societies for supporting older students

good luck, hope you succeed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not at all! When you say you're at college, do you mean you're doing an undergraduate? You could always do a postgrad at a good University in UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I love shopping)
    Not at all! When you say you're at college, do you mean you're doing an undergraduate? You could always do a postgrad at a good University in UK
    Yes, you're right. I'm doing an undergraduate and my goal is to do a postgrad at a good univ in UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricardo Dias)
    Yes, you're right. I'm doing an undergraduate and my goal is to do a postgrad at a good univ in UK
    It's definitely not too late for you
    With reasonable grades, you could get a place at a good University in UK. You may have to think about how you're going to fund it though.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.