Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to bore you so I will make it simple:

I'm
    - 23 yr
    - Currently in college (1st year of Economics), Portugal
    - Lost 3 years getting depressed because my daily/family life was not easy
    - Now I reached an equilibrium
    - Since 18 yr my goal was to hard work to get into a top college in the UK or USA (LSE or NYU Stern)

Am I being too ambitious or is it too late to be ambitious in wanting to go to a top Graduate School at 25 yr (expected college graduation)? Do you know some late success example?

ReputationRep:
    read below

ReputationRep:
    What?! I was expecting you to be like 50 or something, of course u aint old, most ppl only get to the top in those industries in their like 30s or 40s anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually get the problem. So you'll be 25... so? We have a life expectancy slightly over 30 these days...

Try to do as good as you can at college, and there certainly won't be any age restrictions for you.

ReputationRep:
    No problem there brah. Also, age is only a number. I know plenty of 20 year olds that act like they're 50 and plenty of older folks that have kept a youthful/open mind.

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to turn 28 and graduated at 27, starting my degree at 24.

Most important is getting the best grades you can and prove that those years that you might feel were wasted weren't as you've got the skills and knowledge to make a difference in the organisations you wish to work, and are determined to have a successful career.

Getting a first is ideal or a high 2:1 so from 65%+, which I understand to be a 3.3 - 3.5 GPA.

LSE is looking for first's and those with grades that are distinctive, so not only aim for 70%'s, look at 75's.

There are plenty of other good options - Cass Business School, European Business School, and the Zicklin School of Business at CUNY in New York.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.