Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a systems analysis assignment - I have to take a current system (shown in the attachment), analysing it and make a summary of the problems with it, and possible approaches. I have to talk about a new system, including the scope and the functional and non-functional requirements - What exactly does this mean I am little over my head here haha

thanks
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc COIT11226Project CaseStudy.doc (23.5 KB, 726 views)
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by jkg214)
    I have a systems analysis assignment - I have to take a current system (shown in the attachment), analysing it and make a summary of the problems with it, and possible approaches. I have to talk about a new system, including the scope and the functional and non-functional requirements - What exactly does this mean I am little over my head here haha

thanks
    Read up on Business Process Modeling (BPM) and Process Re-engineering (BPR).
    Also Object Oriented Business Systems.

These will tell you of the different approaches and give examples of how you would desribe the 'now' system and how to make a new system more efficient by either tweaking the old system or introducing an entirely new one. i.e. how to cut out things like latency in the work flow, bottlenecks for process flow, combining tasks and activities etc. Or a new IT system etc.

Scope is simply what will be included and excluded in the solution. i.e. why, who, what, were, when etc. You can't solve the prblems of te whole organisation so scope gives the boundaries to your solution.

Functional requirements relate to activities or tasks, data storage within the workflow etc.

Non functonal relate to things like security, privacy, legislative etc.

Looks like they are asking you to produce a specification rather than come up with a solution.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.