Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any opinions would be great!

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff is a brilliant city I live near there. Nightlife and sport is excellent. Also the Heath hospital is HUGE and really nice
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    What do you like/dislike about each?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reedA93)
    Cardiff is a brilliant city I live near there. Nightlife and sport is excellent. Also the Heath hospital is HUGE and really nice
    Thanks for replying! However, Newcastle is also notorious for having a great night life- and it's hospitals are supposed to be top notch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themedicalgeek)
    What do you like/dislike about each?
    To be brief, I visited Cardiff and really loved it as a city. I thought it was really pretty and the university buildings were beautiful. I thought Newcastle in comparison was quite 'grey' and built up. However, Newcastle seems to be the better medical school and quite a few of my friends have gone there and loved it, and the support and teaching is supposed to be excellent. Cardiff doesn't seem to be the better medical school

ReputationRep:
    I'm living in Newcastle and I love this small city. I have some friends studying Medicine here and they are pretty fond of the teaching and facilities here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerlePerle)
    I'm living in Newcastle and I love this small city. I have some friends studying Medicine here and they are pretty fond of the teaching and facilities here.
    Do you think of it as a small city? I kept getting lost when I went over
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by debra94)
    To be brief, I visited Cardiff and really loved it as a city. I thought it was really pretty and the university buildings were beautiful. I thought Newcastle in comparison was quite 'grey' and built up. However, Newcastle seems to be the better medical school and quite a few of my friends have gone there and loved it, and the support and teaching is supposed to be excellent. Cardiff doesn't seem to be the better medical school
    I'm a current 1st yr at Cardiff and can tell you that the support and teaching is excellent. The course is undergoing major change for next year that could make it a lot better so look into it and see what you think. I don't know anything about newcastle sorry but go where you think you will be happier studying for the next 5 yrs- this includes taking style of course, clinical involvement and surroundings into account. If you have any questions on cardiff feel free to PM me - its a hard decision so give it a lot of thought and don't be afraid to try new things - i.e don't let people try and steer you too much based on their own experiences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themedicalgeek)
    I'm a current 1st yr at Cardiff and can tell you that the support and teaching is excellent. The course is undergoing major change for next year that could make it a lot better so look into it and see what you think. I don't know anything about newcastle sorry but go where you think you will be happier studying for the next 5 yrs- this includes taking style of course, clinical involvement and surroundings into account. If you have any questions on cardiff feel free to PM me - its a hard decision so give it a lot of thought and don't be afraid to try new things - i.e don't let people try and steer you too much based on their own experiences.
    Thanks! Yeah, I've looked into C21 although a lot of it goes way over my head haha. I will get in touch though, absolutely no idea where I'm going to go :')

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.