Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,
    I am a bit confused about a maintenance loan and just wondered that with the estimate I have been given, does it cover me for the full three years? I have been estimated £2,600ish and my parents income is roughly around £15k. Do I get the £2.600 per year/term or is that all I am entitled too for three years?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Thats per year as you have to re apply for student finance every year and the sum will be split into 3 for each term.

ReputationRep:
    Oh good! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    no worries

ReputationRep:
    If your parents income is only 15k combined then you should be entitled to more than that, assuming you'll be moving and living away from home?

ReputationRep:
    That is far lower than you should be getting, unless you are living at home. Try this calculator http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov..._schema=PORTAL

The maintenance grant is also split into three each year and given out in Sept, Jan and April.

Don't forget that you will also be entitled to a bursary, details of which are available on your university's website.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.