Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your favourite historical event(s) to learn about? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is it the story of Henry and his 6 wives? Rosa Park making a stand for her race on the Montgomery bus? Or even something more recent 9/11?

My favourite is either the civil war in England - Oliver Cromwell vs Charles 1. Or learning about KKK and how (nearly) everything has changed since then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieJH)
    My favourite is either the civil war in England - Oliver Cromwell vs Charles 1
    You do know that Cromwell had relatively little to do with Charles for most of the time? Cromwell didn't take a larger role until the later parts of the first civil war. Fairfax was the Commander in Chief of the New Model Army as well.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    The Nazis, WWI, Colonization, The KKK and 9/11

If only I school taught all of them

ReputationRep:
    Ancient Egypt. Origins Of The Bible. WW2. 9/11.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnPaul_)
    Ancient Egypt. Origins Of The Bible. WW2. 9/11.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you know that 9/11 was created by Federal reserve bank (Rockefeller)?
    To create a motive to counter-attack Arab countries and to be able to control their oils?

ReputationRep:
    Don't say that, they'll label you mad. :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anything from the American Civil War onwards, and especially how it influences modern day culture.

I like learning about Nazi Germany- especially lives of 'ordinary' men and women, Britain during the 2nd World War and recent events such as 9/11 and the London Bombings. I don't think theres enough teaching about modern day domestic policies (which are rather interesting).

ReputationRep:
    mine is certainly the French Revolution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eagerstudent)
    mine is certainly the French Revolution
    Ditto! That and the Napoleonic Wars.

ReputationRep:
    Piracy era

U.S. "roaring 20's"

ReputationRep:
    So hard but here goes:

Kind of 1066- The War Of The Roses love people like Iabella Of France, Elizabeth woodville and the role of women in this period.

The Tudors.

Most for the 1600's bore me.

The Regency Period

Victorian Era

The Wiemar Republic/Nazi Germany

ReputationRep:
    The American Civil War, The Napoleonic Wars and the formation of castles within the UK for internal protection.

I wrote my dissertation on the differences in Muslim history between Baybars Bundukari and Saladin. The Crusades are very interesting, but very difficult to fully follow i found.

I also like researching why people think certain things and how they can be argued. Eg. What evidence do people who deny the Armenian Genocide use and how can they justify the actions of the Turks against the Armenian Christians?

ReputationRep:
    The slave trade and the whole civil rights malarkey

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    German Unification for me. It's fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    Black Death. The Tudors. 9/11

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Ancient Greece/Rome/Egypt - The Native Americans and in general, colonization of Northern America - The Wild West.

Pretty much really all history interests me to some point and I've looked into everything I can, I dislike researching about Victorian period and the tudors.

ReputationRep:
    Cold War!

ReputationRep:
    Would love to learn about life in the 1300s for the normal person

ReputationRep:
    I'm way more interested in American history for some reason. 9/11 interests me so much.
    I really don't like learning about ancient history.

ReputationRep:
    Read Crossing the Rubicon if you're interested in events surrounding 9/11.

I still think the most relevant part of 9/11 to Britain is the way the BBC announced the collapse of the Pentagon V building before it even happened. There's stacks of evidence too, market data, and analysis on the nature of the way the building collapsed and chemical analysis of the debris.

Its coverage of the Boston Incident is depressing too - very little focus the fact some sections of the city were put under near martial law for a few hours.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.