The Student Room Group

Central Saint Martins Vs Camberwell

hey,
I have offers from Camberwell-Fine art drawing and Central Saint Martins-Fine art and am totally unsure as to which to choose. Obviously CSM has a major reputation but i wonder if it lives up to it? Any help at all would be much appreciated!
Thank-you! :smile: x
Reply 1
Hey!
I might be doing drawing at camberwell also (If I decided not to take a Gap year)
I meen I thought that camberwell seemed really sweet and quirky once you get past the kind of iffy attitude they can sometimes have, but at the end of the day you should go were you feel happy and safe! you will be there for three years!
have you been invited to the fine art students open day this month?
we should keep in touch,I'm really scared about moving to london.
x
Reply 2
Original post by alice.b.c
hey,
I have offers from Camberwell-Fine art drawing and Central Saint Martins-Fine art and am totally unsure as to which to choose. Obviously CSM has a major reputation but i wonder if it lives up to it? Any help at all would be much appreciated!
Thank-you! :smile: x

Hi Alice,

i just dropped a course at CSM. It has a good reputation and all that but honestly I felt like I just wasted 6 months of my life. They are all about business and not about action. Most of the staff are not very helpful and you're not usually allowed to use the facilities from different departments which limits your production. That being said, I think the lectures are quite useful but twice a week just doesn't cut it.
Good luck on whichever you choose!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Tina118
Hi Alice,

i just dropped a course at CSM. It has a good reputation and all that but honestly I felt like I just wasted 6 months of my life. They are all about business and not about action. Most of the staff are not very helpful and you're not usually allowed to use the facilities from different departments which limits your production. That being said, I think the lectures are quite useful but twice a week just doesn't cut it.
Good luck on whichever you choose!

Thank you both these responses were so helpful! i just wonder in response to this response whether you felt it was personal enough or if you get lost in it all and feel a bit like a nobody? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what course were you on?
thank you! x

Quick Reply

Latest