ReputationRep:
    Name:  BGsgKA-CMAAkSd9.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  33.0 KB

Discuss.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'd be interested to see a breakdown of which tax measures have impacted which income groups. Clearly the increase in the tax threshold has a major impact at the lower end.

ReputationRep:
    I'm always annoyed when Labour say something like 'They're giving the millionaires a tax cut, and doing nothing for working families'.

1) They've raised the TAX free allowance to £10000
    2) YOU want to replace their 0% TAX rate with a 10% one, hardy good for hard working families!
    3) The OBR say lowering the top TAX rate will increase TAX revenues, good for working families because you can therefore charge them less TAX.
    4) Every year under government you had a 40p top TAX rate, we now have a 45p one!

ReputationRep:
    In line with his crusade to collect as many votes as possible in order to win another term in office.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    In line with his crusade to collect as many votes as possible in order to win another term in office.
    It must be a brilliant policy if that's the only criticism you can come up with!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiggyTopes)
    It must be a brilliant policy if that's the only criticism you can come up with!
    One of many I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    One of many I'm sure.
    Well, go on then....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiggyTopes)
    Well, go on then....
    You cannot make me. Seriously. On this issue I think he's trying to win votes, it is what politicians do to spread their influence and give jobs to the big boys in their party.

ReputationRep:
    You cannot make me. Seriously. On this issue I think he's trying to win votes, it is what politicians do to spread their influence and give jobs to the big boys in their party.
    What are you trying to say- you don't seem to have any real criticism of the policy?

Whenever a politician has a good policy he must be doing it to get tactical votes. Is that what you're saying?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.