Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD* watch

I'm doing Sunlight on the grass short stories, OF Mice and Men, Animal Farm and Macbeth...wbu guys? Any detailed perceptive points you can make for the exam?*

ReputationRep:
    Im doing moon on the tides anthology, TKAM and Touching the void, haven't started revision yet, but i'm expecting an a grade minimum for the exams, wbu

ReputationRep:
    Anthology cluster - relationships (luckily Mr Bruff has A/A* videos on most of the poems)
    Of Mice and Men and Inspector Calls!
    OMFG I ABSOLUTELY HATE INSPECTOR CALLS!!! I wanted to do A View From a Bridge -.-
    Did A View From a Bridge for a part of my Drama GCSE and the book was absolutely amazing. But Inspector bloody Calls is 80 pages of 1 long conversation in a pitiful setting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    Anthology cluster - relationships (luckily Mr Bruff has A/A* videos on most of the poems)
    Of Mice and Men and Inspector Calls!
    OMFG I ABSOLUTELY HATE INSPECTOR CALLS!!! I wanted to do A View From a Bridge -.-
    How can you hate an inspector calls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjslions)
    How can you hate an inspector calls?
    Because I just completed my Drama GCSE and the books/poems and **** we read was so much more interesting and not set in 1 pitiful room... the conversation lasts for bloody 80 pages! Would happily do any other book but this.

ReputationRep:
    Any A/A* grade sample essays for Of mice and Men/Inspector calls and the Conflict cluster for poetry

ReputationRep:
    I am so excited to do these exams!. I have been revising since ages and have so much to write!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh and Im doing the Relationship cluster. I hope THCM comes up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoona123456)
    Oh and Im doing the Relationship cluster. I hope THCM comes up
    which one was that?

ReputationRep:
    I am so excited to do these exams!. I have been revising since ages and have so much to write!!
    How do you revise for literature?
    I simply read my annotations then practice a question, works for me

ReputationRep:
    Moon on the Tides - conflict

Of Mice and Men
    An Inspector Calls...

....anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolface32)
    How do you revise for literature?
    I simply read my annotations then practice a question, works for me

I just write practise essays so I can practise structuring my response. Then I hand them in to my English teacher who marks it and gives me feedback. I also find that background reading sometimes helps. x

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any ideas what could come up for the 'Relationships' cluster. and to Alley Kat 606, yeh I am also doing An Inspector Calls and OFAM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alleykat606)
    Moon on the Tides - conflict

Of Mice and Men
    An Inspector Calls...

....anyone else?
    I am also doing relationships. Do you have any idea what poems may feature?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLTontour)
    I am also doing relationships. Do you have any idea what poems may feature?

Maybe a Sonnet? Quickdraw?

ReputationRep:
    Quickdraw has already been on and so has Sonnet 43. Sonnet 116could come up xx

ReputationRep:
    Quickdraw has already been on and so has Sonnet 43. Sonnet 116could come up xx
    What has already came up then?

ReputationRep:
    I've heard people talking about 3 poems that "won't come up" in previous years' threads. Is this just pure speculation or is there a way to find out what poems aren't going to feature?
    I'm doing the Character and Voice cluster by the way. Any advice about how to practice comparisons?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I studied Of Mice and Men for my English Language Controlled Assessment I studied Curley's wife and I have some perceptive points about her that I will post on here - when I find them.

I, also, have an example essay on Curley's Wife, which was awarded 25/30 marks, which I would be more than happy to share with you, if you would like it. Just ask me for it on this thread or through a Private Message.

Note: it may take awhile for me to send the essay to you as I have to either scan it or type it up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What I have heard is that Harmonium , Hour , Quickdraw and Ghazal are a few likely to come up in the higher paper for the relationships cluster by the way I am doing An Inspector Calls and To Kill A Mocking bird does any one know how you could revise for something as long as tkamb

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.