The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

I think that the waterhole kind of represents their dream in a way. It's in the open, it has rabbits, and it's peaceful; nobody is there to disturb them. Also, the rabbits seem to be running freely before Lennie and George arrive, but as soon as they arrive they get described as little gray sculptured stones.
Reply 981
Can someone post an a* example of any question or how to write one(things like structure and length), i would really appreciate it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 982
Original post by Galileo Galilei
How is section B of paper 1 meant to be answered, two separate essays or one which is combined?

One which is combined
For Candy you could talk about how he is a living example of how the American Dream could not be achieved, as he has worked and lived on the farm for so long and has nothing to show it from apart from his disability. As he says to George and Lennie '' I'd make a will an' leave my share to you in case I kick off, 'cause I ain't got no relatives nor nothing.'' This shows the reader that the involvement of Candy with George and Lennie's American Dream reignites hope and shows friendship. (or something)
I would love to do nature tbh. It is absolutely covered with nature imagery. Slim would be ok I guess
Reply 985
what would i need to include to get a grade B?
Original post by higuyslol
what would i need to include to get a grade B?

For Question B you need to constantly refer to Steinbeck and the Great Depression and why he has intended to do so.
For Question A - you need to do word analysis constantly throughout.
You also need to link back to the reader at the end of each paragraph in both questions
Reply 987
Original post by PoisonSky

Have you done one for Eric?
Original post by gomg
What characters have come up in the past for An Inspector Calls?

-Sheila
-Gerald
-Mrs B
-Inspector Goole

I suspect it could be Eric or Mr B.

Can you imagine if they just throw in Inspector Goole again or Eva Smith ...just for the LOLs:s-smilie:
Hi guys, is anybody aware of what came up in January 2013 in Lord of the Flies and Of Mice and Men?

I know Crooks did, but was this close analysis or for part b? Thanks.
Original post by ryanroks1
I think that the waterhole kind of represents their dream in a way. It's in the open, it has rabbits, and it's peaceful; nobody is there to disturb them. Also, the rabbits seem to be running freely before Lennie and George arrive, but as soon as they arrive they get described as little gray sculptured stones.

Hmm... but why would they stay "still" when G+L arrive ?
Could it connote that there presence could represt danger , hence the stillness of the rabbits foreshadowing Lennie's fate.
Also, Lennie loves to pet rabbits, but if they are "stone" then he cannot kill them, which could suggest an ideal dream-like place for the two men to be together.
Any ideas?:smile:
In January 2013 for Crooks it was passage at the beginning of a chapter, describing his room, and part b) was how Steinbeck use Crooks to present attitudes to black people at the time novel is set.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 992
Original post by higuyslol
what grade would this structure get?

4 paragraphs for an inspector calls
Point:
Evidence:
Explain:
Elaborate:
Effect on audience:
Personal opinion and refer to question:

three paragraphs for of mice and men passage(a) and 4 for part (b)

Point:
Evidence:
Explain:
Elaborate:
Effect on reader:
Historical context:
personal opinion and refer to question

please reply
Slim came up in the foundation paper in june 2012
Reply 994
In Section B, can you just write the whole of part (a) then whole of part (b) or do you need to link them
Reply 995
so nervous for OMAM and IAC tomorrow, no idea what to expect, so i am just going to read through the CGP book and my notes in my book
how is everyone else revising?? and good luck :smile:
Anyone doing TKAMB? any guesses of what question will come up, or how to answer the passage question? :smile:
What stories do you think will come up for Sunlight on the grass?
Reply 998
Original post by PhoebeKnowles
I'm quite worried about unseen poetry aha😖

Posted from TSR Mobile

And me!! i think you just need to read it through a couple of times, pick out any language techniques, comment on structure (rhyme scheme or lack of it, rhythm etc.) then just make lots of stuff up on why they used a simile or whatever :P Make sure as an intro you write what the poem is about/purpose, then link everything to that
Reply 999
english is the hardest subject to revise for:mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending