The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tatwriter
Oh, Okay! Are you nervous? I'm bricking it over here. :frown:

Yeah! So scared, more worried about AIC than ofm&m

I also have a chemistry exam tomorrow afternoon so I'm basically revising both subjects at the same time :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elm Tree
How you feeling about OMAM?

Confident about OMAM but scared about AIC, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olympiad

I also have a chemistry exam tomorrow afternoon so I'm basically revising both subjects at the same time :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have C2 & C3 :mad:
Confident about OMAM but scared about AIC, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

After I found some resources, bring on OMAM :awesome:

But I think I need to analyse sunlight on the grass more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'm more worried about OMAM to be honest! I usually get A*s for my AIC but only A's for OMAM but it completely depends on the questions. At least with AIC you get a choice of questions!

You took triple science? My friend's got that exam tomorrow too but I took BTEC so I'm exam free :P
Ryanb17 - much respect to you my man! A lot of maths there, as well as a fellow Suits fan, that's awesome.

I'm doing Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls tomorrow (as well as P1 IGCSE Chemistry). Should be fun. I've done a few practice essays I devised myself for both texts this week just to practise writing under timed conditions. Also, if the topic of one of my essays, perchance does come up, then that's going to save me a lot of valuable time in planning.

Good luck, everyone.
After I found some resources, bring on OMAM :awesome:

But I think I need to analyse sunlight on the grass more.

Where did you find em?
Is that your poems? I'll revise poems on Tuesday&Wednesday :tongue:
I'm doing the moon on the tides one

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I'm more worried about OMAM to be honest! I usually get A*s for my AIC but only A's for OMAM but it completely depends on the questions. At least with AIC you get a choice of questions!

You took triple science? My friend's got that exam tomorrow too but I took BTEC so I'm exam free :P

Lucky you!
Yeah the IGCSE Science exams - we've only had one so far :frown:
I'm aiming for an A/A* for OMAM but no idea about AIC

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1208
What's the microchosm?! We haven't learnt that

Posted from TSR Mobile

the dictionary says A community, place, or situation regarded as encapsulating in miniature the characteristic features of something much larger.

But in easier words the ranch acts like a little world and each character represents a part in society for example , Curley and His boss represnt the capitalists who are in control , the ranch men represnt the ordinary men, while candy , crooks and curley wife represnet the underdogs of society as they are discriminated agaisnt for not being a white , young male

hope this helps :smile:
Where did you find em?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're doing Moon on the Tides? Me too, which cluster?
Original post by Mallory
the dictionary says A community, place, or situation regarded as encapsulating in miniature the characteristic features of something much larger.

But in easier words the ranch acts like a little world and each character represents a part in society for example , Curley and His boss represnt the capitalists who are in control , the ranch men represnt the ordinary men, while candy , crooks and curley wife represnet the underdogs of society as they are discriminated agaisnt for not being a white , young male

hope this helps :smile:

It did thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i reckon slim or Crooks will come up in of Mice and Men, as they've not been asked about in previous past papers. For an Inspector Calls, I reckon there will be a question on Mrs Birling or Eric. That's what I'm analysing thoroughly atm, the relationship between Eric and his dad, birling.
Where did you find em?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Found them on getrevising. Printed off around 19 pages of notes on OMAM and SOTG. :biggrin:
SOTG is for the test tomorrow. Instead of doing a whole book we're doing a series of short stories. :wink:

I'm doing moon on the tides on Thursday as well. I've analysed most of the poems so it's just going to be going over notes.
You're doing Moon on the Tides? Me too, which cluster?

Relationships you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Found them on getrevising. Printed off around 19 pages of notes on OMAM and SOTG. :biggrin:
SOTG is for the test tomorrow. Instead of doing a whole book we're doing a series of short stories. :wink:

I'm doing moon on the tides on Thursday as well. I've analysed most of the poems so it's just going to be going over notes.

ahh same, I've posted tons of OMAM notes on getrevising :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ahh same, I've posted tons of OMAM notes on getrevising :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Typical of me to find it the day before the exam :colonhash: :lol:
Reply 1216
I really want an A/A* to get into my sixth form , is everyone aiming for that too?

I was wondering I got like 83% in my course work ( the teacher used last years mark scheme which was like high and many people complained about it)

It is still possible to get an A* ?:confused:
Typical of me to find it the day before the exam :colonhash: :lol:

awww, you'll do great anyhow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AimeeLM
Does anyone have any idea about who is likely to come up in TKAM? I know there's a huge range of characters but it'd be nice to focus my final preparations on a small minority!

I reckon Jem or Calpurnia as Scout and Miss Maudie came up recently.

How is everyone preparing for TKAM part of the exam?

Quick Reply

Latest