The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

We get to take in our books am doing to kill a mocking bird and sunlight on the grass..any thing anyone has a feeling that will come in the exam ?..
It feels good to know that I'm not the only one getting really stressed about this exam.. When it's over I'm going to have to say sorry to my parents because I've been a right grumpy cow with them... But I don't handle exams well so who can blame me?? Right???
What are your guys' predictions for the OMAM / Crucible questions tommorow for AQA eng lit ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mitchellshazia
Well, these are the characters that have already gone:
John Proctor (in the specimen paper only though)
Giles Corey
Mary Warren
Parris
Hale
Abigail
Danforth (but only in foundation)

So my best guess would be Elizabeth Proctor, since she hasn't come up yet, or Danforth. Otherwise it will probably be someone horribly obscure like the Putnams or the Nurses...

In terms of themes I thought maybe reputation? But to be honest I'm not sure which themes have gone.

Sugar!! I'm so not prepared for this!! Do you know anything on the Putnams??
Original post by Jennielou123
It feels good to know that I'm not the only one getting really stressed about this exam.. When it's over I'm going to have to say sorry to my parents because I've been a right grumpy cow with them... But I don't handle exams well so who can blame me?? Right???

Your not the only one acting like that with your parent . Ill join the club .. I feel bad but the stress is unbearable :tongue: hope it finishes soon :smile: want to get it done and over with

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elliemarling
Goole was on quite recently so I doubt he'll be on......my bets are on Eric or Eva! :s-smilie:

I'm hoping its on the parents, theres so much more to say ... Eric and Eva I hope not :frown: eeekk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1566
Anyone doing short stories? sunlight on the grass. not sure what will come up.
doing omam and finding it hard remembering :frown:
Reply 1567
Original post by AZ786
LOL i have been revising so hard for ages!! I just get really nervous for exams so i tend to panic a lot :P
anyways.... good luck

Ah, that is fair enough. Sorry for sounding like a jackass. It just annoys me when you get those who come in asking for help because they've left everything until the last minute and done zero revision. Sorry for jumping to conclusions!

Good luck guys! :smile:

If you guys need some last minute tips on the Putnams..

They're only really present in the first act. Only look there.
They work as a duo against Parris and intimidate him and have control over him.
Obsessive over land. They turn up in act 1 and add to the hysteria and make the situation worse.
They're very religious, many examples of this in the text, yet the bible states ''the love of money is the root of evil' - They have an obsession over land, which helps their income.
They certainly do not ''love thy neighbour'' - They have feuds with Giles Corey and Proctor (Whom both are hung at the end of the play, the Putnams win the feud) - They threaten Corey.
They also resent the Nurse family. The Putnams children keep dying when they are born.
They even suggest their own surviving child is displaying witchcraft traits. They're desperate to get revenge and gain land.
They make Tituba confess by stating she must be hanged. This makes their story about their daughter seem more real and adds to the hysteria.
Once they rattle Parris and convice Hale, they're not involved from then on, showing their motives and intentions.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Maryam_marzbar
Your not the only one acting like that with your parent . Ill join the club .. I feel bad but the stress is unbearable :tongue: hope it finishes soon :smile: want to get it done and over with

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm practically on the verge of tears all the time :'( and I'm doing the crucible and OMAM and I've just realised that it could be on some characters that I haven't really revised... So yeah :'( x
I'm the only one doing The Woman in Black for section B.......flop.
Good Luck guys. I'm so scared!
Good luck guys!
Good luck everyone!
Reply 1573
Been revising all day ergh gotta get some sleep. Good luck guys, hopefully it should be fairly straightforward (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jennielou123
Sugar!! I'm so not prepared for this!! Do you know anything on the Putnams??

No! There's nothing to say other than that he's horrible and she's a loony. :s-smilie:
Please help i will quote you and many people are finding this difficult to understand.
Important
6.2 Insightful exploratory response to text
What does it mean
ASAP
Reply 1576
Good luck today guys! I'm doing TKAMB and AIC, just you know, freaking out.
This is it... Best of luck, everyone!
Reply 1578
Good luck everyone. We gonnnnna get raped

Posted from The Student's Room iPhone/iPad App
Good Luck everyone! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest