The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1600
Original post by Dougieowner
That's a good question, I'm quite good at explaining stuff about the dog actually, I would like to include my interpretations at some point.

I like that there's a choice of two for TWIB cause I can pick the one I'm more confident with. There's usually one about overall themes which is helpful as they like you to link to the novel as a whole throughout it, but then there's usually one based around a chapter which is good to focus on one particular point; a lot about a little.

Good luck! Not many people are doing TWIB on here, most seem to be doing An Inspector Calls. But I think TWIB is more interesting and because less people have done it, the examiners might not be as bored by it cause they won't have read as many answers...

Yeah, it does make it slightly annoying though because there's much less revision material, but the last thing I want to do is bore the examiner. It's probably too late, but good luck to you too! :smile:
Ugh, didn't get to sleep until 3am...not worried or anything, just my stupid thought to drink 2 redbulls an hour before I went to sleep...NICE ONE.
Do I risk drinking one before the exam so I don't feel groggy in the hall? Really contemplating it...
Original post by Bradherring
Ugh, didn't get to sleep until 3am...not worried or anything, just my stupid thought to drink 2 redbulls an hour before I went to sleep...NICE ONE.
Do I risk drinking one before the exam so I don't feel groggy in the hall? Really contemplating it...

I couldn't sleep either, really tired now :frown:
Take some red bull or coffee :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ryanroks1
I couldn't sleep either, really tired now :frown:

That's what I always do! Before every exam I take one RB :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1605
It's gonna be easy just give ya best shot; all you have to do really is remember to use PEE and give more than two or even three interpretations and be original (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
THANK GOD FOR TSR! The predictions were correct :biggrin:

ERIC AND SLIM

DID COME UP!
WOO WE WERE RIGHT!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1608
Original post by Olympiad
WOO WE WERE RIGHT!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does it really matter if you don't finish the conclusion for the last question? Part (B) on of mice and men i didn't finish the conclusion
AIC Question was alright but TKAM question was awful.

Goodbye, A*.
Reply 1610
The Crucible question was easy but I found the OM&M passage quite difficult. What devices did people get? I just got semantic field and hyperbole. Part B was fine for OM&M.
Reply 1611
That English exams was so predictable!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brad_
The Crucible question was easy but I found the OM&M passage quite difficult. What devices did people get? I just got semantic field and hyperbole. Part B was fine for OM&M.

Hi, which Crucible Q did you do?
How did people find omam and ic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1614
Original post by Ryan Mc17
Hi, which Crucible Q did you do?

Development of Proctors' relationship, the 1st one.

The 2nd one was about the witch trials and looked a bit vague.
Woah...tsr predictions on it being slim was correct! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moodavies106
How did people find omam and ic

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMAM fairly straightforward. IC required but more thinking I did one on ending, you?
Ah I really did not enjoy that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NoMathsPlease
OMAM fairly straightforward. IC required but more thinking I did one on ending, you?

Yes, I agree with you. I found OMAM straightforward. What language devices etc. did you spot? There was hyperbole, that's for sure!

The 'An Inspector Calls' question was tricky. I discussed the main feature, but what interpretations could be made? And did you focus on the ending only?
How did people find the crucible and of mice and men? I thought the cucible was quite straightforward but I spent too long on it and had less time for of mice and men which I thought was more difficult. I don't think I talked much about structure either...Is this important?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest