The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

I did crucible and OMAM and thought it was quite easy.. But knowing me I will i have failed!!! :-/ thought Slim question was really good for me but unfortunately I didn't finish :'(
WOW!!!

The ralph question for LOTF actually came up!!
.. and the slim one!!

I wrote the fastest i have ever done in that exam... i was on the last page of the booklet ( hopefully it wasnt all waffle :colondollar:)

I did the Ralph question for LOTF... it wasnt too bad!! ... although i hadnt read the ending in detail! - i think i averaged about 27/28 though (including spag)

the OMAM question was very very predictable - im happy i did the foundation paper question on it now... i think the extract bit was alright but part B i put too many vague points down.. grr
I think the grade boundaries will be the same... or even lower by a mark or 2 for an A*.... since slim is technically a minor character in the novel

TIME FOR POETRY THEN>>>

Ive attached PDF files for all the clusters in Moon on the tides...

they are good!!

you should know your clusters

C1 - C and V
C2-PLace
C3-conflict
C4-relationships

Im doing conflict...

here are a few links (will update) :

All of charachter and voice .. and all of conflict analysis :http://freeeschool.blogspot.com.au/

thats all ive got for now!

Ryan
(edited 10 years ago)
Hey did anyone have an announcement of a spelling error in one of the question??

we did...

ryan
Original post by ryanb97
Hey did anyone have an announcement of a spelling error in one of the question??

we did...

ryan

We didn't- what was the spelling error out of curiosity? :cool:
Hey does anyone have like a list of different poetry techniques and definitions???

i have one from school ... and its terrible!!

thanks in advance

ryan
Original post by BP_Tranquility
We didn't- what was the spelling error out of curiosity? :cool:

i wasn paying much attention.. i was glancing through the novels... they were new!!

i think it was from another cluster...section B though .. i think the majority of us here did OMAM..

ryan
Reply 1666
I did the AIC question on Eric, since I thought it was the easiest and I tried to give loads of different interpretations and quotes all the way through to OMAM, although I ran out of time and didn't manage to finish it. Do you think I will still be able to get an A? I heard they mark the your work as a whole, not section by section.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1667
By the way, you don't get marks for mentioning any similes and metaphors or any type if literary heritage, so if you mentioned it, it's not going to increase your chance ls of getting top marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yazzieee
By the way, you don't get marks for mentioning any similes and metaphors or any type if literary heritage, so if you mentioned it, it's not going to increase your chance ls of getting top marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

could you elaborate??

and where did you find out this ? validity??

ryan
I knew Slim and Eric would come up!It went so good!:biggrin: x
Reply 1670
Watch this it will tell you about how they mark your exam

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_hhgmIGOBnk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yazzieee
Watch this it will tell you about how they mark your exam

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_hhgmIGOBnk

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats unit 1 not unit 2
Reply 1672
i sat unit 1 today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rosie_pops
How did you find TKAM? I found it pretty complicated to be honest!

Original post by Ryan Mc17
Yeah! It was very vague, and the passage Q was very confusing.... Wasn't much analysis

Yeah completely agree! I felt like there was barely anything to talk about in the passage question
did anyone do the second crucible question? if yes, what did u write?????
Reply 1675
Original post by harris12345
did anyone do the second crucible question? if yes, what did u write?????

What was it again?
Reply 1676
Is anyone doing the Business Studies multiple choice exam tomorrow? I've got RS as well ):

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just out of interest, did anyone run out of time in the end so they weren't able to go through and check their answers? I ran out of time and not sure how well I've done in achieving SPaG marks (8 in total)... :redface:
it was about the witch hunts!!
Original post by Ryan075
What was it again?

it was about the witch hunts!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending