The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
Does anybody know what the grade boundaries could possibly be?
Reply 1681
Original post by harris12345
it was about the witch hunts!!

Ahh yeah, I remember now. No, I did the first one.
Original post by harris12345
it was about the witch hunts!!

Hey I did The CRucible, however I felt the first question was alot easier to talk about, so I did the first one and ruled the second one out as soon as i set eyes on it lol i didn't know anything baout with hunts
1st Question on The Crucible= looking at how the relationship changes between Proctor and Elizabeth from Act 2 through to the end of the play
Did anyone do kinder transport in today's exam?
I did horrible on the ending of AIC but hopefully OMAM will save me
What did everyone write for the ending of AIC q?
Reply 1686
anyone doing the english LIT EDEXCEL tomorrow?
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Just out of interest, did anyone run out of time in the end so they weren't able to go through and check their answers? I ran out of time and not sure how well I've done in achieving SPaG marks (8 in total)... :redface:

i had a few minutes left literally... so no not really

but what would happen if you only wrote 1 paragraph... do you automatically get 8 marks?? lol - i mean if it was perfect?

ryan
Reply 1688
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Just out of interest, did anyone run out of time in the end so they weren't able to go through and check their answers? I ran out of time and not sure how well I've done in achieving SPaG marks (8 in total)... :redface:

Yep
I think you would because they like quality not quantity
How many sides/pages did people write for each question?
I only managed to write 5 sides in total
Reply 1691
Original post by goldfish21
Hey I did The CRucible, however I felt the first question was alot easier to talk about, so I did the first one and ruled the second one out as soon as i set eyes on it lol i didn't know anything baout with hunts

Same! lol
what did you put for part (a) TKAM?
Original post by popburrow

I wrote about 6 pages in total.. not happy with how it went tbh.
In retrospect, I could have analysed stuff a bit more and expanded on some points :sigh:
Original post by popburrow

i did just under 7 sides
Original post by ryanb97
i had a few minutes left literally... so no not really

but what would happen if you only wrote 1 paragraph... do you automatically get 8 marks?? lol - i mean if it was perfect?

ryan

I think you would get the full 8 SPaG marks if you wrote one paragraph :rolleyes:

But I doubt that would be enough though :tongue:
I managed 7 and half sides in total, I made stupid spelling mistakes though. Those SPaG marks really help in pulling your grade up
Original post by IHTWFR
I managed 7 and half sides in total, I made stupid spelling mistakes though. Those SPaG marks really help in pulling your grade up

*fingers crossed* I didn't make many spelling or grammar mistakes, since I didn't have any time at the end to check through my work :cool:
Reply 1698
I came across this forum last night, when I was still trying to cram in some last minute revision. Happy I found it, and Slim really did come up in OMAM. So glad, I think I did alright in OMAM. I'm aiming for a B. :smile:

Also, I did AIC but I'm really scared because I stupidly answered BOTH questions instead of picking one. Argh, what was I thinking? Could this mean I'll get 0 in AIC... :frown:
Original post by Sian01x
I came across this forum last night, when I was still trying to cram in some last minute revision. Happy I found it, and Slim really did come up in OMAM. So glad, I think I did alright in OMAM. I'm aiming for a B. :smile:

Also, I did AIC but I'm really scared because I stupidly answered BOTH questions instead of picking one. Argh, what was I thinking? Could this mean I'll get 0 in AIC... :frown:

OMG YES. I remember reading that on this forum and people said Slim'd come up. And he did!!! We also did a mock q in class on him. How lucky was that! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending