Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got the forms but have a couple of questions before I send it off!

The address, DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AD
    Is that it, seems a bit short haha. Also, is a first class stamp okay?

Paying- it says you have to pay by postal order or cheque and write your name and date of birth on the back. I don't have a cheque book so I'm going to put the money in my Dads bank and use his cheque book. If so, do I write my name on the back or his as its not my cheque? Is this acceptable?

Also, I don't have a passport so I'm going to use my birth certificate and a payslip or my NI Card. Do I just put them in the envelope or should they be in a plastic wallet or something?

Sorry, I know these things should be obvious but I'm terrible at filling in forms!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The DVLA have a bunch of special addresses. The postman will know exactly where to deliver it - just make sure you get the postcode exactly right as that bit changes depending on what you're sending. Don't copy a random address off google, make sure it's the one specified on the form.

Postage prices depend on the envelope size. If you're thinking of sending plastic wallets (which aren't necessary) it sounds like you're using an A4 envelope, which will need a large letter stamp or 2 normal stamps. If you're including a lot of stuff it might be too heavy for a normal stamp - that's only valid for 100g. But if you're folding it, then it might be too thick. Have I confused you yet? The Royal Mail likes to complicate things!

Write your name on the back coz it's your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    The DVLA have a bunch of special addresses. The postman will know exactly where to deliver it - just make sure you get the postcode exactly right as that bit changes depending on what you're sending. Don't copy a random address off google, make sure it's the one specified on the form.

Postage prices depend on the envelope size. If you're thinking of sending plastic wallets (which aren't necessary) it sounds like you're using an A4 envelope, which will need a large letter stamp or 2 normal stamps. If you're including a lot of stuff it might be too heavy for a normal stamp - that's only valid for 100g. But if you're folding it, then it might be too thick. Have I confused you yet? The Royal Mail likes to complicate things!

Write your name on the back coz it's your application.
    Thanks so much for your help! One last question, it says to write down the serial numbers of the documents I'm sending. I'm sending my National Insurance Card and Birth Certificate. Do these documents have serial numbers or is it referring to the other options eg. passport, eu card etc

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.