Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 26 and I've applied through ucas to do a undergraduates in Childhood Studies and Psychology. I'm really excited and anxious as I've not had a reply yet, but did only send my application a week ago! :-)

I have one A level (C grade) one as (D) grade and NVQs in childcare learning and development with 6 years experience working in early years (nursery/preschool as a leader and on a health visiting team)

Do you think I have a chance of getting in? What do they look for in a mature student? I desperately want to do this!!

Many thank!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmcgowan13)
    I'm 26 and I've applied through ucas to do a undergraduates in Childhood Studies and Psychology. I'm really excited and anxious as I've not had a reply yet, but did only send my application a week ago! :-)

I have one A level (C grade) one as (D) grade and NVQs in childcare learning and development with 6 years experience working in early years (nursery/preschool as a leader and on a health visiting team)

Do you think I have a chance of getting in? What do they look for in a mature student? I desperately want to do this!!

Many thank!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some degrees let you on with experience and it sounds like you have a lot of experience in that field which can only be a good thing. What levels have you got at NVQ?

ReputationRep:
    Level 2&3 along with lots of little training - role of the Senco, Caf, fine motor gross motor and perceptual development etc I got a no from Plymouth due to academic requirements pretty gutted even though it wasn't my first choice! I might call them to see specifically what they wanted x
    Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.