Turn on thread page Beta

Did I lose my chance? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've liked this girl since I was 15, back in 2009. We became very close, to the point of being best friends. Yes, I was in the friendzone. Even though she started dating one of my close friends, we still hung out. In fact, we hung out more than she did with her boyfriend.

Fast forward a couple years later, we talk probably, once a month. She broke up with her boyfriend about a year ago and is now real close with one of my bros (best guy friend, not a real bro). Her relationship with him is platonic but he admitted he liked her. I was jealous that they talked everyday. I felt that he took her away from me, even though I know it was her who moved away. I'd give anything to even be back in that friendzone. Now I'm in like, the acquaintancezone.

Fast forward to present day, she is in another university with a new boyfriend. Also we don't talk at all.

There have been so many times that I wanted to confess to her, to see if she would reciprocate my feelings. But I've always been scared.

I want to know now, is it too late to confess? I'm not expecting a good outcome, I just wanna know that if I did confess before, would it have changed anything. I mean, we don't even talk anymore so I wouldn't be risking anything, right? So many times I have thought of her as the one, and I naively believe that 'fate' will bring us back together in the future even though I know that that is ****.

So, what should I do?

AC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stripeytofu)
    I've liked this girl since I was 15, back in 2009. We became very close, to the point of being best friends. Yes, I was in the friendzone. Even though she started dating one of my close friends, we still hung out. In fact, we hung out more than she did with her boyfriend.

Fast forward a couple years later, we talk probably, once a month. She broke up with her boyfriend about a year ago and is now real close with one of my bros (best guy friend, not a real bro). Her relationship with him is platonic but he admitted he liked her. I was jealous that they talked everyday. I felt that he took her away from me, even though I know it was her who moved away. I'd give anything to even be back in that friendzone. Now I'm in like, the acquaintancezone.

Fast forward to present day, she is in another university with a new boyfriend. Also we don't talk at all.

There have been so many times that I wanted to confess to her, to see if she would reciprocate my feelings. But I've always been scared.

I want to know now, is it too late to confess? I'm not expecting a good outcome, I just wanna know that if I did confess before, would it have changed anything. I mean, we don't even talk anymore so I wouldn't be risking anything, right? So many times I have thought of her as the one, and I naively believe that 'fate' will bring us back together in the future even though I know that that is ****.

So, what should I do?

AC
    Let it go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LexiswasmyNexis)
    Let it go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I needed that man, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Um, i personally think you should tell her just so that you don't spend your life wondering what if, like you have been doing.
    But then, if she doesn't feel the same, then you have to let go.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her. You won't lose anything but you might gain everything

ReputationRep:
    My advice would be let it go as well.
    It doesn't really matter if she used to spend more time with you than with her boyfriend. As long as the contact is friendship-based, that is all there is. She is probably not attracted to you romantically/sexually, and even if there was room for it once upon a time, you never set the tone or asked her out on a proper date. If you hang out with a girl as a friend, you are a friend. If you want to be more, make it more. Simple as that. You might be rejected, but at least you know and can move on.
    If you ever were to do anything, do not "confess". It will look a bit weak, not because you aren't meant to have feelings, but because you have never taken the initiative to date her. Confessing the feelings will only emphasize that. To me, that would say "I never had the guts to actually ask you out, and I haven't summed up the guts at this point either, so I'm just going to tell you I have feelings so that you can actually make the first move".
    And don't waste energy being jealous with your mate. From the sounds of it, he is just a friend too, and therefore no closer to dating her than you are. If he hasn't established a romantic/flirtatious/sexual tone, friendship is all there is.

That's my very honest, and female, response.

ReputationRep:
    As you know you should have asked her out ages ago. If she splits up with her current bf, make a move, but otherwise leave it.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her. Nothing to lose as you don't have a friendship to ruin, and the possibility still exists that she feels the same but didn't think you liked her.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2013
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.