Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya ^^

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't really sure where to post it.

Apologies aside I am extremely interested in working and living in Japan. I am not entirely sure of what I want to do, or if I definitely want to work in Japan.

I am trying to learn Japanese independently at the moment, and I was thinking about doing a degree in Japanese so I can eventually be fluent in the language. I got ABB for my A-Levels, which included psychology, English literature and media studies. So I figured my options were:

-Teaching English
    -Doing something media related
    -Practicing psychology

I have already done some research into practicing psychology in Japan, and I'm really excited at the prospect!

So I've started looking at universities. I was thinking I could do degrees in Japanese and in psychology. I know this would be a tremendous workload, but I am willing to work hard for it.

Anyway, my point is - does anyone know anything about this? Can you give me some tips? Is this a realistic goal?

Also, does anybody know of any universities that would allow me to study both Japanese and Psychology? I can't find anything!

Thanks in advance ^__^

ReputationRep:
    You could find a course that allows you to study Psychology and have a year abroad in Japan? I know someone who did something similar but I am unsure what degree they studied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    You could find a course that allows you to study Psychology and have a year abroad in Japan? I know someone who did something similar but I am unsure what degree they studied.
    That's what I was thinking of doing, but I can't find universities that allow you to go and study in Japan. It's usually in the USA or like, Germany.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.