The Student Room Group

Access to HE Music - Advice needed!

Hi everybody, hope you're enjoying this snowy day as much as I am! :smile: I just have a couple of questions for anyone here who has either applied for, is participating in or has finished an Access to HE Music course. I've found one in particular which I am very keen on as it covers all of the subjects i'm interested in, plus it's very convenient in terms of fees, transportation and generally would be very easy to fit around my lifestyle. Applications have started so I need to apply quick! Anyway, what i'm mostly concerned about is the interview/audition stage. This particular course states that aswell as an interview, an audition is required. Now, my concern is that my knowledge of theory and composition isn't that great. I've generally messed around with FL Studio for around a decade, and have learned a fair bit during that time, but mostly on the technical side. I would like to know what the interview scenario involves? What kind of questions are you faced with? Also, regarding the audition - is adding a few tunes to a CD/USB sufficient? I play guitar and drums but nowhere near a professional standard, therefore I really wouldn't be comfortable/confident playing either at the audition stage. Any advice would be sincerely appreciated! Also, I apologise for the poor punctuation but for some reason when I press enter I can't drop down to write a new paragraph! lol. Anyway, thanks for any advice you can offer :smile:
Hi, there did you end up completing the Access to Music Course, if so what was it like and did you go university?
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending