Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I am currently a student at Durham University and started at the foundation centre in 2012/2013 and although I run an ongoing thread. I thought it would be good to start a thread for Durham firmers for the FC, and find out what people have applied for. (Although it is a little premature).

Course:
    Conditional/Unconditional:
    College:
    Firm/ Insurance:

Any questions about the department or the university link onto the main FC thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2328693

ReputationRep:
    Hello mate,
    I've been given an offer to study physics at Durham University. I'm really happy regarding Durham's decision to allow me an opportunity like this. How have you found your first year? Also, what college did you get allocated?

Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esteta)
    Hello mate,
    I've been given an offer to study physics at Durham University. I'm really happy regarding Durham's decision to allow me an opportunity like this. How have you found your first year? Also, what college did you get allocated?

Thanks a lot
    Hi
    Sorry for the late reply. Congrats on the offer. I found the year challenging, but enjoyable. I've learnt a lot in such a short time. You'll have a blast. I'm in Castle, but I live out so I haven't had a chance as of yet to really make the most of it, which is on my todo list for next year!

ReputationRep:
    Im applying in September 2013 for medicine, anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CycleDude)
    Im applying in September 2013 for medicine, anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fantastic. Are you planning to visit the university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am a student at Durham Uni now!
    Is anyone coming early to the University before Oct 2013 and requires accommodation?
    I know that some people are coming for pre-sessional courses! Staying with the university is expensive and the colleges that are open are those furthest from town!
    If anyone is interested I have a room for rent for 3 months from the beginning of July till the end of September 2013.
    If you are undecided between college or living out this is an opportunity to try to live out.
    It is a really nice spacious place with a double bed which is at a convenient location in Durham, near school and near town.
    If you are interested do drop me a private message

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Biological Sciences with Foundation Year and put John Snow College as my campus. I'm wanting to study Zoology but picked History, Politics and Economics and I also had a year out of education due to being diagnosed with Crohn's Disease; anyone know their policy on this sort of situation? I sent my UCAS in so early because I've applied for Nottingham's Veterinary Medicine with Preliminary Year course. :crossedf:

I applied last year (2012/13) and got offers from Nottingham, Hull and UEA but my illness meant I couldn't finish upper Sixth. Durham said I was ineligible for the course for some reason and I hope this year with my education being affected that it makes some difference. I didn't understand why I was ineligible considering on the website they say the course is for students wanting to switch academic backgrounds - I had the same issue with QMUL.

ReputationRep:
    Course: Physics with Foundation Year.
    Conditional/Unconditional: Conditional (but it may as well be unconditional, considering what they have asked for).
    College: Trevelyan.
    Firm/ Insurance: Firm.

Can't wait for the post offer open days in March.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.