Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can Anyone Recommend a Decent Hostel in Paris? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey there

I'm planning on going to Paris (well fingers crossed anyway) this year, just for a few nights with some friends. I know that accommodation isn't going to be all that cheap in Paris and I have been looking on HostelWorld but can anyone recommend a good hostel in Paris that isn't too expensive and reasonably close to the metro?

First time planning a trip abroad, I've got the travel sorted, just need to figure where we're going to stay

Merci!

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

ReputationRep:
    I've never done it (only been to Paris twice, both in airport hotels), but there's a YMCA in Paris (Residence Sienne, 5 place de Vénétie) which you could have a go at asking (do YMCA even sell beds anymore), you could try calling them on +33-1-45 83 62 63, they'd probably speak French so if you don't know French then you'd have to ask someone else.

There's also a Formulae Un or two on the outskirts of Paris (I think they're closer to Disneyland than they are the heart of Paris), they're the French equivalent of a Travelodge, I think they do rooms for about fifty euros a night, might be worth looking at them.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.montclair-hostel.com/

Right round the corner from one of the metro stations in the Montmartre District.
    Nice little place.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.