Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I just finished grade 10 in the CBSE(indian board) and I got a B in math.Now I am shifting to the IB. Will it be difficult for me to do the Math HL??

I want to do mechanical engineering and I dont know if I can cope up in the HL as people say its too tough.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well Physics HL and Maths HL are pretty tough.
    Go for IB if you want to go abroad
    moreover it also depends on which IB schools you are looking at.

I am doing IB from not such a good school. Most IB schools just want to make money. I could recommend you some good schools.
    Feel free to inbox

ReputationRep:
    well,

I am looking to go to the US or the UK for college so what should I take??

ReputationRep:
    If looking at UK, go for CBSE
    If US, then IB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rashis13)
    If looking at UK, go for CBSE
    If US, then IB
    The IB is widely accepted and recognised by colleges and universities in the UK. I currently have an offer at a top UK university with the IB.

So I would recommend that you just go for the IB, it will hold you in good stead for all universities and will look well in the future when you apply for jobs.

I think as an Indian Student you will be capable of handling HL Maths, but if you are in doubt later on you can always drop down.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.