Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Title says it all!

ReputationRep:
    I once thought a genuine salesmen was a mate doing a prank call.
    I'm now the proud owner of 2 tickets to a none existant cruise holiday and £3000 worse off.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Prank calls. Some of the best moments of the sixth form, and some of the moments nearly got me expelled. Some of what we did:

- Sent a skip to a mate - the company dumped it in front of their house and refused to move it until they paid.
    - £80 worth of pizza to a mortal enemy - that was a great one.
    - Signing a friend's number up to numerous PPI companies, salespeople, etc so at one point they were getting calls every 5 minutes day and night for about a week
    - Calling ASDA to complain about salmonella poisoning which resulted in a product recall of some of their fresh prawns
    - Gridlocking a street - for two weeks five of us collectively went through the Yellow Pages and called every business that would deliver or send someone to an address, and told them to go to a specific address at a specific time - pest controllers, taxis, builders, plumbers, minibus, etc (this nearly got us arrested)
    - Getting a locksmith out to a mate's house at 3am
    - Answering a classified ad for a fridge-freezer and sent it to a teacher's house - the seller demanded petrol money and compensation for him driving 30 miles to get to his house (I was nearly expelled for this)
    - And finally, we saw an ad for a free piano, so we found a cash on delivery courier - the courier picked up the piano and delivered it to another friend's address. They now have a piano. Their parents were not happy.

I realise that this makes me out to be an incredibly bad person, but I received all this and more as retribution from various people, so much so that my address is now blacklisted from nearly every takeaway, taxi company, plumber, etc.

And to finish - my favourite prank call of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWG-ErQytvA (warning, very bad language)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.