The Student Room Group

Anyone ever had a 'Friend with Benefits?'

My flatmate often brags about having a few friends with benefits and it got me wondering, how many people actually go for the 'no strings' option.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Mrx123
My flatmate often brags about having a few friends with benefits and it got me wondering, how many people actually go for the 'no strings' option.

Personally, I have.
Reply 2
Original post by Samus2
Personally, I have.

What's it like to ask a stranger to come and sleep with you every now and then?
Yeah. We act like we're together only when we're both on college breaks. Fun tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by jellybeansnkmk
Yeah. We act like we're together only when we're both on college breaks. Fun tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol i was assuming tht it would only be males that would have responded. very suprised so far, is it just for the sex or is it for more?
Not so much a friends with benefits, but a girl who it's standard I make out with when I am out for the night and she is too. :h:
Reply 6
Original post by Mrx123
lol i was assuming tht it would only be males that would have responded. very suprised so far, is it just for the sex or is it for more?

Why? Most relationships, strings or no strings, are heterosexual and involve both a man and a woman. I'm in a friends-with-benefits relationship, and I'm a girl. It's great :smile:
Reply 7
Several.

Never had any problems.

People often make out that it can't work, but that's just the case if you're immature/idiots.
Reply 8
Original post by edithwashere
Why? Most relationships, strings or no strings, are heterosexual and involve both a man and a woman. I'm in a friends-with-benefits relationship, and I'm a girl. It's great :smile:

how does 1 get into that situation
Reply 9
Original post by Mrx123
What's it like to ask a stranger to come and sleep with you every now and then?

He's not a stranger, just a close friend.

it's nice to be honest, we don't have sex every time but it's nice just having someone there for a kiss and a cuddle.
Original post by Mrx123
how does 1 get into that situation

I started sleeping with my flatmate, we decided it was better not being in a relationship as we're both very open minded and wanted the freedom to sleep with other people if we wanted. People who don't know us usually assume we're boyfriend and girlfriend because we live together, but we did try being monogamous for a while and it wasn't for us. Open friends-with-benefits relationship was just what worked for the two of us :smile:
Original post by thegodofgod
Sheldon's the best! :biggrin:

Haha yes, he sure is!
Reply 12
Original post by Mrx123

Healthcare as well as sheldon said
I did for a bit. Was friends with a girl when I first moved to uni, and we ended up getting drunk and ****ing one night but I told her (before we ****ed, during foreplay I guess) I wasn't looking for a relationship. And yeah, we continued to be friends but ****ed a few more times too. Was kinda good, but she got annoyed with me... I think she liked me, but I never realised it at the time. Basically she said that she never knew where she stood with me, which I guess is the problem with doing the whole FWB thing.

But anyway, we decided to stop, and she later got a boyfriend. Now we actually get on a lot better and it's a lot less awkward :smile:
Reply 14
Yeah. Just for a short while though. Was a very good arrangement.
Reply 15
Yeah. I have a feeling the girl may have had some feelings for me, but no drama ever came of it, and the sex was good for a year or so.
Reply 16
Anyone reading this believing that we as a society have lost our morals and need to re-evaluate?
Reply 17
Original post by Kavalier
Yeah. Just for a short while though. Was a very good arrangement.

I'm jealous of whoever that boy is!
Original post by Mrx123

He is useful in other ways too. Like staying up w me if i need to study.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't, and don't think I ever would tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending