Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've sorted out student finance on the website, but I was filling it in, and I didn't know that my mum received Child Tax Credit, so I ticked the 'No' option when I filled it in for her.

My application's been processed and approved and I've sent the declaration slip. How do I get them to know that she did receive Tax Credit and that there was a mistake on the form. And how much will this affect the money they'll give me?

On the online student finance forms, there's no way to change that checkbox so I haven't been able to correct the information

I just want to be fully honest, but don't know if it's just a minor detail or not. I'd hate for this to come and bite me on the bum someday as it was an honest mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mollymod)
    I've sorted out student finance on the website, but I was filling it in, and I didn't know that my mum received Child Tax Credit, so I ticked the 'No' option when I filled it in for her.

My application's been processed and approved and I've sent the declaration slip. How do I get them to know that she did receive Tax Credit and that there was a mistake on the form. And how much will this affect the money they'll give me?

On the online student finance forms, there's no way to change that checkbox so I haven't been able to correct the information

I just want to be fully honest, but don't know if it's just a minor detail or not. I'd hate for this to come and bite me on the bum someday as it was an honest mistake.
    Phone them?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you will just have to phone them up and get them to correct the mistake. Don't worry a lot of people miss information on their applications you aren't the only one!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I don't have the number, is there a specific one to use for this query or is it just the general one they put on the site?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it will be just the general one on the website. You will just have to select the options through the switchboard and select the ones for a current application.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I'll get round to it tomorrow

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.