Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am resitting this module with unit 1 and was just wondering what are the compulsory/recommended content to know. I am currently revising these:

Extreme Weather:

Case Studies:
    - Boscastle Flooding 2004 & 2007
    - Hurricane Katrina 2005
    - Australia Drought 2007
    - European Heatwave 2003

Theory:
    - Depressions
    - Tropical Cyclones (Hurricanes)
    - Droughts
    - Anti-Cyclones
    - Flooding (Hard & Soft Engineering etc.)

Fieldwork & Research:
    - Flooding at local area (Loughton)
    - Primary Research; Risk Rating at flood defences, EQA, Survey, Fieldwork Pilot? ad experiment for different infiltration rates on urban or rural areas
    - Secondary - Maps, Brochures, Newspaper articles, internet

Rebranding:

Case Studies:
    - Manchester Re-imaging (Catalysts) Urban
    - Doncaster Rebranding Urban
    - Cornwall Rebranding (Eden Project, Southwest studio etc.) Rural
    - Sydney Olympics 2000 Regeneration (Environmental) Urban
    - Lobbs Farm Diversification Project Rural

Theory:
    - The Need for rebranding
    - Catalysts
    - Rebranding Strategies (Top-down etc. Players)

Fieldwork & Research:
    - Rebranding at local area (Loughton) Intermediate Rural
    - Primary Research; Why, Impression of area, EQA, survey, soil compaction experiment to measure whether an area is used
    - Secondary - Maps, Brochures, Newspaper articles, internet

Please can you comment if this is good? also please tell whether or not we need Tornadoes for the extreme weather?

ReputationRep:
    Coastal rebranding is another case study, Walton-on-the-Naze or Blackpool. I'm not sure if it is compulsory though. We also did London Docklands and London 2012. There's also rural rebranding in low-income countries, for which we did Uganda.

As far as I'm aware, you don't need a tornado case study. I haven't heard any mention of one, but I think you need to know about Midlands floods of 2007 in addition to Boscastle.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.