Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Who else is applying for Devonshire Halls for September?!
    Haven't yet seen a thread for this so thought it would be good to start it off.

I'm applying for catered, simply because I don't want to and can't cook..
    Anyone else doing the same?

ReputationRep:
    I will try to help this thread get kickstarted. I am applying for Devonshire en-suite and self catered also my course is chemistry

ReputationRep:
    I am liking the look of Devonshire, my only qualm is that it's not on the campus, do you think this would be a disadvantage? I intend on joining loads of societies and getting super involved with the union, so would it be a better idea to apply to the on campus accoms, or would it not make much difference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gerahumu)
    I am liking the look of Devonshire, my only qualm is that it's not on the campus, do you think this would be a disadvantage? I intend on joining loads of societies and getting super involved with the union, so would it be a better idea to apply to the on campus accoms, or would it not make much difference?
    Personally the fact that it isn't on campus doesn't bother me as much and devonshire is only 15 mins walk away from the campus which is a short walk. i too intend joining many societies however the Distance hasn't put me off. I guess it depends on the person but I know that Devonshire has suited me perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've applied for Dev Does anyone know what appliances you get in the rooms/kitchens (bedding, toaster, etc.) Can't seem to find a link on the website. I'm catered, btw. Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Dev too ^^ the walks not too bad I reckon, some places are like 40 minutes away. (I'm waaay to lazy for that) Just out of interest, did anyone apply for the entry with the drama/music societies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoopyLinguist)
    Hi, I've applied for Dev Does anyone know what appliances you get in the rooms/kitchens (bedding, toaster, etc.) Can't seem to find a link on the website. I'm catered, btw. Thanks in advance.
    You don't get any bedding in your room, just a bed, desk, some shelves, wardrobe and small chest of draws next to your bed. You also get a pin board and bin.
    Kitchen has a microwave, fridge, freezer, cooker and kettle.
    There is also an iron, ironing board, mop and hoover.

You will need a toaster.

ReputationRep:
    So excited! Anybody else in the Orchards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternaldiva)
    So excited! Anybody else in the Orchards?
    Yes! room 3.33, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophieee)
    You don't get any bedding in your room, just a bed, desk, some shelves, wardrobe and small chest of draws next to your bed. You also get a pin board and bin.
    Kitchen has a microwave, fridge, freezer, cooker and kettle.
    There is also an iron, ironing board, mop and hoover.

You will need a toaster.
    Hi, thanks for replying Just one more thing - do they provide you with pots, pans, plates, cutlery, etc.? And you get a washbasin in your room, right? Thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoopyLinguist)
    Hi, thanks for replying Just one more thing - do they provide you with pots, pans, plates, cutlery, etc.? And you get a washbasin in your room, right? Thanks again.
    No, you have to provide all your own pots and pans and stuff.

Not necessarily. Some people have wash basins, some don't. Its luck. Though the rooms without washbasins tend to be the really big ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophieee)
    No, you have to provide all your own pots and pans and stuff.

Not necessarily. Some people have wash basins, some don't. Its luck. Though the rooms without washbasins tend to be the really big ones.
    Hello again. Yeah, apparently they used to provide pots and pans but don't anymore Thanks a lot for helping me out xox

ReputationRep:
    Anyone one in north lawn h?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren375)
    Yes! room 3.33, what about you?
    Hi, I'll be at the orchards this year, what was it like for you?
    How did you cope with the shared bathroom (in terms of cleanliness & privacy)
    Also, was your bedroom big/ wash basin?
    Was there an even mix of girls & boys?
    Sorry for all the questions.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.