Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

May or may not have ran red light... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

Right, about an hour ago, I was driving down the road and as just as I was approaching the traffic lights (I was quite close to them), they turned to amber. So I slowed down at the safest speed (braking suddenly would be dangerous to the driver behind) but before I had completely stopped, I realised I was slightly in front of the line so I just drove ahead (the light was probably red by this point). I went back to see if there were any cameras and there was little black ones fixed on top of the lights. Now I CANNOT stop worrying! I simply can't afford points or a fine, I'm a good driver! Am I panicking over nothing?

M x

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean "slightly" in front of the line? Were you in other peoples way? If not, why didn't you just stay there, loads of people go "slightly" over the line.

Secondly, why could you not reverse back into a slightly more safer position if your were slightly over the line?

Finally, if the above two options were not possible, then you have no choice but to go. You can't just stop in the middle of the road like that.

For future reference, if you're quite close to the lights and they turn amber then you are allowed to keep going and go through the lights because, as you said, slamming the brake down would be dangerous to anyone behind.

Also, I've heard those boxes aren't cameras, they're sensors and so if there isn't a lot of people at that particular set of lights, it won't leave it on green for too long.

ReputationRep:
    Hard to say without seeing how far over the line you were and at what point of the traffic lights changing etc. But worrying about it isn't going to fix anything so I'd just wait and see if you get anything in the post.

Tbh I don't think you'll get anything, I see people driving through amber lights and then going through red all the time, I'm sure you'll be fine :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    those black boxes aren't usually cameras - normally just sensors for traffic control. cameras are normally big grey boxes like the speed ones.

ReputationRep:
    who know what the cameras are that stand tall pole next to roads
    Attached Images

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jak2017)
    who know what the cameras are that stand tall pole next to roads
    That looks like a standard CCTV camera; please don't bump old threads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    That looks like a standard CCTV camera; please don't bump old threads.
    okay thanks and sorry

ReputationRep:
    If the Prime Minister is running red lights then she should not be allowed to continue in her office for such a flagrant disregard for public safety and traffic law.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.