The Student Room Group

**AQA BUSS 2 4th June Revision thread**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by smileyelzz
You'll probably loose 1 mark. I remember a past paper question where I didn't write the thousands & I lost 1 for it :rolleyes:

Ugh, well I think I wrote (000's) but I can't remember because the cow behind me was clicking her pen and I couldn't think. Its a miracle I got the correct answer.
Reply 321
Original post by JG1027
is it ok if i said it was (-)153 but said in the previous bits that my answers were in £000

Uh you probably just missed out the end of a figure or something so you should probably get 4/6 if you said it was in thousands
Reply 322
Would you get the marks if I put 154.4 adverse? Not £154400 adverse or whatever it was

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 323
Original post by LouisBoz
Would you get the marks if I put 154.4 adverse? Not £154400 adverse or whatever it was

Posted from TSR Mobile

the same question was already asked like 5 times on previous pages, just go back and read
Reply 324
Original post by JG1027
is it ok if i said it was (-)153 but said in the previous bits that my answers were in £000

Uh you probably just missed out the end of a figure or something so you should probably get 4/6 if you said it was in thousands
I didn't put whether it was adverse of favourable. Just the figure. Will I lose a mark for that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 326
Original post by LouisBoz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lose 1 mark
Reply 327
Original post by IHateRevisionOK?
I didn't put whether it was adverse of favourable. Just the figure. Will I lose a mark for that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most likely because the question asked you to put that
Reply 328
Original post by IHateRevisionOK?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it said you had to write it
Reply 329
Did anyone find the last two questions on the paper difficult as there was hardly any help from the case study?
Reply 330
Original post by nursy96
Did anyone find the last two questions on the paper difficult as there was hardly any help from the case study?

I thought they were alright, but yeah the case study was pretty much useless. I just wrote about general things, had to rush the last 2 questions anyways :tongue:
Original post by nursy96

Especially the last one.
But I talked about how quality could give them the edge over rivals.
Then mentioned how price maybe an even greater factor when it comes to competiviveness.
Talked about external factors such as level of comptetion and the economic climate having an impact on how they perform relative to other competitiors.
Then concluded.

Hope I'm right!
Reply 332
Original post by nursy96

The last question yes, i didnt see any of their USP's in either the wide range of products or the quality, but i told that they operate in the mass market, so wide range is more important, in order to satisfy more customers, and setting special discount like for families or BOGOF might be competitve as well. Then i told about PED which is inelastic, so i told in order to be competitve they can rise prices, and keep costs the same, which would increase their profitability and competitiveness.. the QUestion before the last one wasnt taht difficult though... U just say Advantages of changes in payment methods, like High motivation, because lots of workers told that the new system is "generous", and disadvantage like high increase of costs, and business is already in the bad financial position, which is proven by adverse variance , which u calculated in question 1a)... then u can say in order to increase productivity and keep costs low they could motivate their workforce by any other methods, and give examples... there are loads of them... empowerment, fringe benefits, enlargement, enrichment, in-the business traning(its cheaper than out- the - business) e.t.c... Would love to know what u wrote
Reply 333
Original post by nursy96

Was one of those the pay linked one?
I wrote that the pay didn't help much as they were operating at a much higher profit without it and when they had it they had an adverse of 154400, but this could be due to being a seasonal business.

BUT

if it's a seasonal business why would you want to increase motivation as it's only going to speed up productivity when it's out of season therefore there's more productivity but less demand ALSO if it's for quality why would you motivate for quality when sales aren't at their peak
I mentioned brand image obtained from the intense marketing around this question too

case study kinda helped

For the quality one I mentioned they differentiated themselves by obtaining press coverage for such a unique product which could be due to the elasticity OR the quality of the product could make it inelastic
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 334
Original post by J_W-x
Was one of those the pay linked one?
I wrote that the pay didn't help much as they were operating at a much higher profit without it and when they had it they had an adverse of 154400, but this could be due to being a seasonal business.

BUT

if it's a seasonal business why would you want to increase motivation as it's only going to speed up productivity when it's out of season therefore there's more productivity but less demand ALSO if it's for quality why would you motivate for quality when sales aren't at their peak

case study kinda helped

For the quality one I mentioned they differentiated themselves by obtaining press coverage for such a unique product which could be due to the elasticity OR the quality of the product could make it inelastic

good points about seasonality, didn't mention them myself, but all other points are written by me also :smile:
Reply 335
Original post by nursy96

OMG yes! My mind literally went blank! I was alright with the knowledge, but I always struggle with long answers and structures and that...

Definitely resitting next summer.
This exam has made me depressed.
I tottally messed up my timing on this one. So depressed. The first case study i nailed, But the last 2 questions on the second case study i left myself about 8 minutes to do them. Basically just blabbered about **** i know. Not using anything from the case study. These where worth alot of marks i think. Does everyone think this will effect my overall mark. And did people finish. :smile: cheeres
I ran out of time on the last question only got 3/4 of the way through it. :/ Definitely feel like I'm going to be resitting. Also, what would you need on this paper to get an A if you got an A on unit 1?
Reply 339
Original post by rumenaislam
I ran out of time on the last question only got 3/4 of the way through it. :/ Definitely feel like I'm going to be resitting. Also, what would you need on this paper to get an A if you got an A on unit 1?

You need an A in both units for an A overall

160/200

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending