The Student Room Group

**AQA BUSS 2 4th June Revision thread**

Scroll to see replies

D in the exam, 1 mark off a C. C overall, 1 pissing mark of a B. Gonna get it remarked and hope it goes up. If it doesn't I'll just resit
Original post by Roloing_around
D in the exam, 1 mark off a C. C overall, 1 pissing mark of a B. Gonna get it remarked and hope it goes up. If it doesn't I'll just resit

you could make up the marks in your unit3+4 exams. seeing as you'll be having all ur exams in june I really wouldnt advise resitting, just focus on a2 and bring your marks up there :smile:
I got an E in this exam and I don't know how? Did others do really bad aswell?

I knew it was worse than the other one but really not that bad.

It's really funny because I got a B overall in all of my other exams and they are much harder subjects.
(edited 10 years ago)
I managed to get 78/80 UMS in the first paper and 120/120 UMS in the second paper?! How I do not know as I had no clue what Debt Factoring was! I am still dropping this next year though as I can't stand the subject!
got a U on BUSS2.I don't believe it.I did AS Business at high school,had no lessons for it whatsoever,and didn't revise and I got an E.That was in high school.This year I had lessons,i put effort into it and I actually revised quite a bit.Cannot believe it.Although I'm dropping it,should I get a remark ?
I got an A on BUSS 2, just about, got 98/120 but it's an improvement from 84 last year and most important I got into university :smile:
Reply 446
I got 101/120 the year before retook and got 82/120 that exam was a joke lol
Reply 447
Buss1:B
Buss3:A
Buss4:B

Buss2: 66/120 D - TWICE. EXACTLY THE SAME
Reply 448
Hi, does anyone know is there any A* for BUSS1 and BUSS2 ? I looked at aqa grade boundaries and didn't see any A* grade for these two. Does it mean that a* only exist for buss3 and buss4 ? M feeling confused

Posted from TSR Mobile
Buss 1: A
Buss 2: B
Buss 3: E
Buss 4: U

Overall: C
I hoped for better but I just can't seem to do well in long answer questions in exams
Predicted an A, was getting As and near full marks in mocks and practices but I got a low C in the exams? Don't really understand how, especially when I worked so hard for them?

This is AS by the way.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by May-o2q
Hi, does anyone know is there any A* for BUSS1 and BUSS2 ? I looked at aqa grade boundaries and didn't see any A* grade for these two. Does it mean that a* only exist for buss3 and buss4 ? M feeling confused

Posted from TSR Mobile

No they don't, A*'s don't exist for any unit modules, only the overall A Level grade. You need 90% average from BUSS3 and BUSS4 and 80% average from all the unit modules. It can get confusing but if you need any more help just ask :smile:
I think if the BUSS exams were more testing with less writing people could actually show knowledge. Like my knowledge is certainly not an E!

It's almost like an english exam.
Original post by Frostyjoe
I think if the BUSS exams were more testing with less writing people could actually show knowledge. Like my knowledge is certainly not an E!

It's almost like an english exam.

I've learnt from my A Levels that exams aren't about displaying knowledge, it's about doing what examiners ask you to, I didn't do this in my first year and suffered but learnt to do it in my second and my grades rose subsequently.

Learn how to structure your long answer essays and have a look at the mark schemes, these will tell you what examiners expect and you can do this in your exams. Do as many past papers as you can handle and get your teachers to mark them and you should see an improvement :smile:

Obviously learning the content is important, I'm not saying don't learn it, I'm saying that structure is also important in your essays.
I was getting A's and B's in my mocks for BUSS2, revised more than I did for BUSS1 and came out with an E when I got an A for BUSS1. Did this happen to anyone else? I really don't think my work was an E grade, even at my worst its usually a C so this was a real shock. Definitely asking for my paper back.
Reply 455
Original post by becciepearson
I was getting A's and B's in my mocks for BUSS2, revised more than I did for BUSS1 and came out with an E when I got an A for BUSS1. Did this happen to anyone else? I really don't think my work was an E grade, even at my worst its usually a C so this was a real shock. Definitely asking for my paper back.

I really wouldn't be too disheartened by that result in that paper tbh

I took buss2 last year and gt 101/120 and decided to retake for some reason this summer, I ended up with 82/120 which is a C. That exam was pretty messed up.
Reply 456
Original post by Superunknown17
No they don't, A*'s don't exist for any unit modules, only the overall A Level grade. You need 90% average from BUSS3 and BUSS4 and 80% average from all the unit modules. It can get confusing but if you need any more help just ask :smile:

I got 70/80 in Buss1 and managed to get 98/120 in buss2 so how many more
marks do I need to get an A*? What is the total marks to get an A* if I shorten my question. Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by May-o2q
I got 70/80 in Buss1 and managed to get 98/120 in buss2 so how many more
marks do I need to get an A*? What is the total marks to get an A* if I shorten my question. Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically, an average of 90% at BUSS3 and BUSS4, would get you an A*.
Original post by becciepearson

ME! Got a B in Buss 1 and a E in BUSS 2 which gave me a D overall. The boundaries are extremely close. I was 9 marks off a B overall.
got 1 off an A in business and got a U in unit 2.Clearly it's their fault.I should've got at least a D at bare minimmum.Getting a straight remark even though I'm dropping it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending