The Student Room Group

**AQA BUSS 2 4th June Revision thread**

Scroll to see replies

I thought Buss4 was really easy??? I don't understand why A grade students got like Es and Us? I got 100ums, A* overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamiemoore24
I thought Buss4 was really easy??? I don't understand why A grade students got like Es and Us? I got 100ums, A* overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't think it was easy but I got 89 UMS overall. Maybe it's just the way they answered it, might not have been what the examiners were looking for?
Original post by Superunknown17
I didn't think it was easy but I got 89 UMS overall. Maybe it's just the way they answered it, might not have been what the examiners were looking for?

Maybe it was. It did make me laugh so much when I seen the Google mini case study, what everyone researched anyway. Only 2.7% of business studies students got A*s that's well low.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamiemoore24
Maybe it was. It did make me laugh so much when I seen the Google mini case study, what everyone researched anyway. Only 2.7% of business studies students got A*s that's well low.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I know right, I was so relieved when it came up.

Really? Wow, I expected higher, Business isn't the most challenging of subjects but oh well. Congrats on your A* though :smile:

Really? Wow, I expected higher, Business isn't the most challenging of subjects but oh well. Congrats on your A* though :smile:

Yeh it is an easy subject in my eyes and thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm getting priority remark tomorrow. I agree that business is easy but it is hard to do well because of the way they mark it!
Smashed it, 100UMS, A* overall! Still don't understand how I got a B/C in Unit 1/2 and 100UMS in both Unit 3/4. The case study was great though, Google was the perfect case study particularly with a question on how leadership affects culture. Hope everyone else did well!
Reply 467
Original post by becciepearson
I was getting A's and B's in my mocks for BUSS2, revised more than I did for BUSS1 and came out with an E when I got an A for BUSS1. Did this happen to anyone else? I really don't think my work was an E grade, even at my worst its usually a C so this was a real shock. Definitely asking for my paper back.

I really do not know what went on with this exam. I revised a lot for BUSS2, more than I did for BUSS1 (I got an A in BUSS1). I came out with a C?? I got A's in the mocks which was almost full UMS. :confused:
I did priority remark but I am really worried that it won't go up. Has anybody had experience on getting this remarked? I think it'll just go down to be honest.

I'm only 1.5 marks off an overall C.
Reply 469
Original post by LaughingGas
I really do not know what went on with this exam. I revised a lot for BUSS2, more than I did for BUSS1 (I got an A in BUSS1). I came out with a C?? I got A's in the mocks which was almost full UMS. :confused:

Thats is my exact situation, i came out the exam really confident as id answered all the questions really well and i ended up getting a D (69UMS) !! so frustrating! :mad:
Reply 470

hi there mate im doing this rubbish unit for the 3rd time along with unit 3 and 4 do you have any revision notes you can upload and any tips on doing well in any of these units ?
Reply 471
Thought I would just post back to see how everyone is doing? How is everyone finding BUSS3/BUSS4? :smile:
Thought I would just post back to see how everyone is doing? How is everyone finding BUSS3/BUSS4? :smile:

Thats thoughtful of you bro, thanks. For me its so boring lool, havent revised it once so far. Will hopefully get round to it next week. Just finished buss3 in college, havent touched 4 yet.

Hows you man? Hows it going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 473
Original post by Brandon_RNS
Thats thoughtful of you bro, thanks. For me its so boring lool, havent revised it once so far. Will hopefully get round to it next week. Just finished buss3 in college, havent touched 4 yet.

Hows you man? Hows it going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha no problem :smile:. I don't mind BUSS3. I have already done a mock on it and my technique was wrong (must be from the long summer :P), but I still managed to pull a C grade. I was told my knowledge is there, luckily haha. I have touched BUSS4, learnt it for about 3 weeks now, it doesn't seem that bad, although a lot of research is required :P
All I can say from experience is get your exam technique spot on (and revision obviously). For some reason Business exams give you very little time to actually write the damned thing. Practice doing it under timed conditions because I really began to struggle and one of my answers suffered, luckily I did OK because of my other answers but you probably will be pushed for time.
Haha no problem :smile:. I don't mind BUSS3. I have already done a mock on it and my technique was wrong (must be from the long summer :P), but I still managed to pull a C grade. I was told my knowledge is there, luckily haha. I have touched BUSS4, learnt it for about 3 weeks now, it doesn't seem that bad, although a lot of research is required :P

Ah okay, how was your AS grade? And wow you've covered alot of theory. C is good especially as you've got 6 months to get the grade up. I always have trouble evaluating in business -__-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 476
Ah okay, how was your AS grade? And wow you've covered alot of theory. C is good especially as you've got 6 months to get the grade up. I always have trouble evaluating in business -__-

Posted from TSR Mobile

My overall AS grade was a B (I think 14UMS off an A?). Theory wise, yeah a lot has been covered :P. Evaluating for me is my weak point for business, I used to be so good at doing it, but now, it's just gone downhill... I can score high in analysis though, so I don't have to worry about that. :smile:
My overall AS grade was a B (I think 14UMS off an A?). Theory wise, yeah a lot has been covered :P. Evaluating for me is my weak point for business, I used to be so good at doing it, but now, it's just gone downhill... I can score high in analysis though, so I don't have to worry about that. :smile:

Ahh okay, you resitting anythingg? And yeah hopefully we'll do well this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 478
All I can say from experience is get your exam technique spot on (and revision obviously). For some reason Business exams give you very little time to actually write the damned thing. Practice doing it under timed conditions because I really began to struggle and one of my answers suffered, luckily I did OK because of my other answers but you probably will be pushed for time.

Yeah I agree mate, suddenly time is pressuring you to come up with ideas.
Reply 479
Ahh okay, you resitting anythingg? And yeah hopefully we'll do well this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Urrmm, gonna resit BUSS2 as I got lower than I did in my mocks :frown: and yeah hopefully we will do well this year! You? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending