Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So I have been talking to this girl for about 2 months now I met her via an introduction from a friend.

After a couple of weeks texting each other she asked if we wanted to meet up and I gladly agreed and went to see her. I personally think we had a really good time, went for lunch and spent around 5-6 hours talking. About 1 hour after I left she text me thanking me for the gift I bought her. I text her back saying I had a really good time etc she then responded with she also had a good time.

Then after a week or so I asked if she wanted to meet up again, her response was she is not sure what days she has off due to work commitments and will let me know when shes free to meet up. Then her replies to my messages were taking longer and longer and it felt like I was always starting the convo off. So I backed off completely after a week passed she text me asking how I was etc and now she replies within minutes whereas before it would take her at least a day or two.

So now I am confused, does she like me? or just playing games?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Im not too sure but i think she does like you a bit. she might of taken ages to reply cause of work or being generally busy? i know that at times i myself do take ages to reply to a text if im busy!

ReputationRep:
    She wouldn't make the effort to even text you if she didn't like you. Sometimes it takes me ages to reply because I simply don't know what to say straight away.

So reel that ***** back in and let her nibble on your delicious bait.

ReputationRep:
    She probably does like you given how much time she was happy to spend with you on the first meeting. However, she's also probably testing the water to see how much you like her, whether you're serious or just playing the field. You sound like a nice guy so don't take it the wrong way, its just some girls are a bit careful before getting too involved in case the guy is a jerk!

Its good you backed off for a while though - a lot of it at the beginning is about keeping things interesting and a bit mysterious. As stupid as that sounds, it essentially means you don't spend every minute of every day with each other or talking/texting. That would get boring awfully quickly and so, to keep that spark, you have to maintain a bit of distance. Don't be put off by it - this is where your confidence kicks in. You have to be confident enough to say I won't keep pestering her and in good time, we can have another day of texting or a date!

Best of luck mate!

ReputationRep:
    She could have just been busy! If I have a lot on, I can take a while to respond to messages - it's not that I'm not interested, it's just I may have more 'important' things to do. If she wasn't interested she wouldn't have reinitiated the conversation.

ReputationRep:
    Most likely she is very busy at the moment!! Just suggest something to her like going for a coffee and see her response. If she says sure, let her set the date, not you. This works as she can see if she is available etc whereas if you set the date, she may be busy on those days.

ReputationRep:
    She could have been busy or she could have just wanted to slow things down a bit - I'd say it sounds like she likes you.

Thanks all for your advice. First time seriously with a girl so was not sure how to play it.

Is it normal to leave a few days in between messages i.e. not to talk/text every day?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.