Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello all fellow TSR ers with a negative reputation
    if you think that your neg rep is undeserved, and want to start again from neutral, POST HERE!!

Then the mods will see the thread, and realize that sometimes people get negged for no reason!! Shouldn't there be a system where you can't neg rep unless you have a reason, and the person you are ripping should be able to see the reason and won't make such posts again!??

LETS FIGHT AGAINST NEGATIVE REPUTATIONS!!!

Edit: I still need like 700 dislikes on this post to beat the post with the most dislikes!!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    If you want to suggest changes to the reputation system you should do it in TSR feedback. I expect this thread won't survive long.

Edit: though looks like it might.

ReputationRep:
    Or... you could start making a real positive contribution to the site. Good advice is always appreciated in H&R, the myriad academical subforums will always have a poster in need of a pointer or an explanation.

Hell, it's so easy to get + rep on TSR if you want it. Put some effort in to getting rid of your reds rather than expecting + rep to be handed to you on a plate.

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of unjustified negs around, and ideally these wouldn't exist. But if you had to make people justify giving negative rep, you'd also have to make them justify giving positive rep. I think the current system's fine - the reputation is only meant to give an impression of what other people think you are like, not what you're actually like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raiden95)
    Only people who say negative things will get negs, simple
    Not necessarily.
    My opinion may not be agreed with by one other person, and all of a sudden I've been negged.
    Heck, I've even been negged for starting a thread in which I asking for advice (just like everyone else was doing) on investments to use in the financial section of TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, It's likely that you'll get negged a lot more for making this thread. But you did get negged a lot yesterday I don't think half of TSR can rep you now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Debdener)
    Not necessarily.
    My opinion may not be agreed with by one other person, and all of a sudden I've been negged.
    Heck, I've even been negged for starting a thread in which I asking for advice (just like everyone else was doing) on investments to use in the financial section of TSR.
    I got neged for giving my opinion when others think differently that's not very fair!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future-doc)
    I got neged for giving my opinion when others think differently that's not very fair!!
    I'm sure you negged others because of their opinions too. I don't see how its unfair?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just hide your reputation widget and you'll stop noticing it as much. :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raiden95)
    I'm sure you negged others because of their opinions too. I don't see how its unfair?
    I don't rep opinions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    Just hide your reputation widget and you'll stop noticing it as much. :yawn:
    Bu it still appears on every post I make!

ReputationRep:
    if you think that your neg rep is undeserved, and want to start again from neutral, POST HERE!!

Then the mods will see the thread, and realize that sometimes people get begged for no reason!! Shouldn't there be a system where you can't neg rep unless you have a reason, and the person you are ripping should be able to see the reason and won't make such posts again!??

I don't know, there are a bunch of us "Non trollers" who like getting neg reps .
    I've currently got -623, i'm trying to have all red gems .
    I'm also hoping that once i've achieved this it will say something like "Hated by all!" Instead of "Benevolent member"

Why fight evil when you can embrace it
    Edit:- People stop giving me positive rep! HATE ME, HATEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bahjat93)
    I don't know, there are a bunch of us "Non trollers" who like getting neg reps .
    I've currently got -586, i'm trying to have all red gems .
    I'm also hoping that once i've achieved this it will say something like "Hated by all!" Instead of "Benevolent member"

I want ppl to take my opinions seriously. U can't with a neg rep!

ReputationRep:
    i got negged for saying abortion=murder which is what it is

ReputationRep:

Resisting the urge to +rep :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    It's more likely that your post will just become the most negged of all time.

ReputationRep:
    Fight the power, brother!

ReputationRep:

Then the mods will see the thread, and realize that sometimes people get begged for no reason!! Shouldn't there be a system where you can't neg rep unless you have a reason, and the person you are ripping should be able to see the reason and won't make such posts again!??

Study what they are negging you for, as they will pos you for the same thing!

ReputationRep:

Sadly for you, your user title is based on post count, not rep. If you want it to say "Hated By All" you'd need to become a sub.

ReputationRep:
    You started a Justin Bieber appreciation thread, you deserve all the negs from the realm of TSR

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.