The Student Room Group
Reply 1
on my pgce course there was a talk on this at begining of year, but it wasnt done at the college and nearest place was ages away and it didnt suit most ppl, of over 20 ppl who attended the talk i dont think anyone did it cos it was too far awy , taking 2 hours to get there, and it in evenings and after school placements at same time it didnt suit most ppl.

but it probz depends on where u stuying now and if there is any being run near or at ur uni.it is a great cert to have. i know some ppl are going to do it once july comes and have finished the course.

some did an on-line one as well throughout year, where basically had got info and notes send to u and u did essays and assignments and sent off, and were marked , and get cert at end.i think it was quite expensive but those who did it thought it worth it

hope some of that helps, mab u should try course coordinator cos in my college she had leaflets on it and organised the talk where a few ppl came to explain and discuss it with whoever was interested
Reply 2
I know that places like Roehampton offer it.

But it should give you a good chance to teach at a Catholic school.
Reply 3
its not always necessary but it helps. Sometimes christian schools want to know which church you go to and may discuss this to almost prove your faith, but some are open minded and as long as you are willing to teach catholicism etc you should be ok. An old girlfriend of mine did her training for a BEd in a catholic school and loved it more than any other school and im sure she didnt need to have that certificate to apply when a job was going.

Can you do it distance learning?
Reply 4
don't need it... most schools now, are very open minded

What subject do you teach?
Have you tried St Marys http://www.smuc.ac.uk/

It is a college of the surrey Uni and is based on Catholic foundations.

I guess becasue of its tradition as a catholic ITT then it would go down well with Catholic schools, but wouldnt hinder you if you wanted to go into "secular" schools

Latest

Trending

Trending