The Student Room Group

Firm and Insurance Decision Suggestions!

I applied to Univeristies (for Physics) with a range of entry requirements to allow me to ready for if I flopped in January exams. The reason I did this was because I am in A2 but only started physics this year and am doing the AS and A2 in one year which is why I wanted be ready to flop January. As well as this is did the Unit 2 June exam for A2 maths (Core 4) in January to try ad get it out of the way.

My Subjects:
Maths, Further Maths, Physics and ICT.

at as my grades were: maths-a further maths-c (got a U in D1 which makes it a C) and ICT- a

I did six exams in jnauary and this is how it went:
C3-83 UMS
C4- 84/100 UMS
D1-34/100 UMS
PHYSICS UNIT 1 AS- 81/90 UMS
PHYSICS UNIT 2 AS- 118/150 UMS
PHYSICS UNIT 2 A2- cANT REMEMBER but got a d, one mark from a c.

These are the offers I have:
Warwick- A*AA
Southmpton- AAB
Sussex- AAB or A*BB
Surrey- ABB

I want to know what Unis you think I should Firm based on the offers and my grades so far.

NOTE: ASSUME THAT I WHICH UNI I LIKE MOST IS NOT A FACTOR.
Original post by bbcs2k9

Sorry but you're missing the point of this - which uni you like most is the ONLY factor.

Noone here will be going to university for you - this decision is down to you, what matters to you, what you want to study, how you want to study, the environment you want to study in, the environment you want to live in and the people you want to be surrounded with in order to perform to your best potential.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Sorry but you're missing the point of this - which uni you like most is the ONLY factor.

Noone here will be going to university for you - this decision is down to you, what matters to you, what you want to study, how you want to study, the environment you want to study in, the environment you want to live in and the people you want to be surrounded with in order to perform to your best potential.

I only said that so I wouldn't get a reply like yours. I know that already, but I want to know what is most realistic, do you get me?
Original post by bbcs2k9
I applied to Univeristies (for Physics) with a range of entry requirements to allow me to ready for if I flopped in January exams. The reason I did this was because I am in A2 but only started physics this year and am doing the AS and A2 in one year which is why I wanted be ready to flop January. As well as this is did the Unit 2 June exam for A2 maths (Core 4) in January to try ad get it out of the way.

My Subjects:
Maths, Further Maths, Physics and ICT.

at as my grades were: maths-a further maths-c (got a U in D1 which makes it a C) and ICT- a

I did six exams in jnauary and this is how it went:
C3-83 UMS
C4- 84/100 UMS
D1-34/100 UMS
PHYSICS UNIT 1 AS- 81/90 UMS
PHYSICS UNIT 2 AS- 118/150 UMS
PHYSICS UNIT 2 A2- cANT REMEMBER but got a d, one mark from a c.

These are the offers I have:
Warwick- A*AA
Southmpton- AAB
Sussex- AAB or A*BB
Surrey- ABB

I want to know what Unis you think I should Firm based on the offers and my grades so far.

Judging by your grades I think it would be sensible to go with Surrey to be on the safe side and they have a excellent science faculty so it would be a safe bet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending